• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

File an official complaint about the refs last night. That crew should not officiate another game.

hepcat

24 minutes ago, Darknight said:

They showed 1 view of the offisides penalty that they called on Burns and I don't see how he was offisdes because to me he wasn't.

Yeah I remember that one. I hope they ask Rhule about it because I have a hard time believing they made the same mistakes again and again. Even a player of Burns’s caliber would have been benched more than likely. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Yeah I remember that one. I hope they ask Rhule about it because I have a hard time believing they made the same mistakes again and again. Even a player of Burns’s caliber would have been benched more than likely. 

I agree. That's why I don't believe we were offsides that many times.

I think every team commits penalties that go unnoticed. I also believe that the Panthers were specifically targeted last night because in the 2 games we’ve seen them they appear to be very disciplined. Burns’ burst off the line is so quick that, perhaps to an opportunistic agenda driven ref’s eye, it looks offsides. Several of Darnold’s long passes also looked like it happened only because the o-line held the defenders who got near, so I’ll give them that. 

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

Not only was it uncatchable. He ran directly into Jackson and had Jackson not used the smallest amount of support, the momentum would’ve knocked him over. One of the worse calls I’ve seen lately.

The WR clearly inititated the contact.  You could see that Rhule was livid about the call.  The WR damn near ran him over.

The offsides calls were BS.  I have seen several games where players were far more "offsides" defensively than last night.  It made me feel that the Texans spoke with the officaiting crew before the game and gave them a headsup. Of course they listened.  It was probably something like this.

"There is no way they are getting to the QB that fast and they have to be in the neutral zone to get a headstart"

There is no need to get that invested in it. The Saints threw a whole social media campaign at the league over that PI call in the playoffs against the Vikings and the nfl didn't give a damn. We're just going to have to play better limit mistakes and not let the refs influence close games by sitting on a lead.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Donald LaFell said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing a review of the offsides, I was half asleep during most of the game. Seemed implausible. 

our free rushers on D is unlike anything I’ve seen before and I wonder if they came into the game trying to slow them down. Maybe they noticed an uncalled offsides in a previous game. 

The fact we had 4 offsides vs. Houston's 0 says it all. I went back and watched the tape and only 2 were arguably offsides, the others might of had a beard hair on the line...lol... In comparison the Texans lined up in the neutral zone a couple times uncalled if we used the same measurement they used for Carolina. Throw in the false start on Daley when he reacted to the defender a good foot into the neutral zone and you get the feeling the NFL was trying to prove a point.

• Pie 2

Yeah, I don't think I'll waste my time sending a complaint to the league because as has already been said, they don't give a $hit.

I usually don't complain about officiating because it is what it is....but even I was texting some of my buddies during the game about how atrocious the calls were.  OP hit on the worst ones.

1 hour ago, Riverboat Ron said:

The fact we had 4 offsides vs. Houston's 0 says it all. I went back and watched the tape and only 2 were arguably offsides, the others might of had a beard hair on the line...lol... In comparison the Texans lined up in the neutral zone a couple times uncalled if we used the same measurement they used for Carolina. Throw in the false start on Daley when he reacted to the defender a good foot into the neutral zone and you get the feeling the NFL was trying to prove a point.

It certainly feels that way, I’m surprised nobody has schemed like Snow has. It’ll be interesting seeing which team figures out how to counter. He’s running Madden micro blitzes like I did when I was 15 lol. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

All the NFL cares about is their bottom line.  They are behind those calls and points of emphasis.  They are influenced by both storylines and betting and call games as such, that's why complaining won't do anything.  They ask the officials to call the game in these ways...  if the NFL didn't do poo about SB50, then they ain't doing poo about last night.  You just have to hope that one day, of we get the chance to play meaningful playoff games again, that we're the better team and the NFL doesn't decide to intervene to produce a better storyline for one of their darlings.

Like last night, you have to beat them so badly even the refs can't blow the game for us.

• Pie 1

It's never smart to start yelling about conspiracies and whatnot. Really we should all know that after the last couple of years.

Now incompetency, there's a much more believable answer for the referee work last night. Flat out missed call after call to the point that they quit asking Mike Pereira what his opinion of each call was. That crew was blowing calls left and right. And the calls did seem to favor Houston greatly, making me think there was some accidental bias.

Badly called game, through and through.