• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby worse contract than Batum?

slumdogmillionaire

2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Until I see evidence of him continuously getting blanketed in coverage or dropping catches (I know he had one uncharacteristic drop last night), I'm gonna assume he's just getting underutilized either by design or because Darnold isn't looking his way as much.  Neither is an indictment of Robby.

It’s because they are using him as the “deep threat” when in reality he should be doing all the corners, curls and over the middles DJ is. DJ is the deep threat and Robby is getting beat by average cornerbacks on nearly every play as we are using him right now. We need to have him in the safety blanket roll and stop throwing him out into space for no gain without reason. 

12 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

It’s because they are using him as the “deep threat” when in reality he should be doing all the corners, curls and over the middles DJ is. DJ is the deep threat and Robby is getting beat by average cornerbacks on nearly every play as we are using him right now. We need to have him in the safety blanket roll and stop throwing him out into space for no gain without reason. 

I can only assume you have access to the full game film somehow if you're making these claims about Robby getting beat by average corners on nearly every play, considering the camera on gameday only keys in on the QB and then follows the pass to its intended receiver.

39 minutes ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

I just don’t get this contract extension….someone make me feel better about it and tell me what I’m missing.

I saw a lot of your points in the thread when we initially extended his contract, and several make sense. I thought that we might let Robbie walk after this year if Marshall and Shi worked out, or maybe even trade him. Fitterer is a trade-loving SOB! But, I don't feel that the contract is a bad one at all, and am not worried about Robbie's lack of stats yet. This is a team sport, not fantasy football.

Robby will be there when we need him and we are going to need him more now.  Hard to feed so many mouths.

That said, Sam over threw him, but did I see Robby drop like a gimme 10 yarder?  It says he was 1/2 but I think he was 1/3 last night.   Am I wrong?

Edited by SBBlue

1 hour ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

It’s not even his performance….y’all don’t get it.   So you’re good losing Jackson, Moore, Reddick, or Burns bc of Robby’s contact? Bc that’s what is going to happen. 

Why do idiots keeping saying this? As if you can only pay 5 players on your whole roster in the NFL? 

1 hour ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

It’s not even his performance….y’all don’t get it.   So you’re good losing Jackson, Moore, Reddick, or Burns bc of Robby’s contact? Bc that’s what is going to happen. 

We are not losing any of those guys because of Robbys contract. IF we do not resign them its because we dont want them. 

Based on the reactions to OP, I understand most disagree with the premise but that might be the Batum comparison that I have limited knowledge.

I agree that the contract extension shouldn't have been the priority. Other players that we could have focused on first and see how the season plays out with Robby. We drafted two WRs this year and our #1 receiver needs to be extended.