• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How well has Jaycee Horn played thusfar?

Kryptick

45 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The domino effect this is going to have on the defense is going to be big 

Maybe.   Taylor isn't chopped liver and Bouye is coming online.

It will hurt us for sure, but I don't think it will be so bad that it will be domino.

Houston scored more points last night when Horn was in, then when he was out....now Houston was playing from behind so that played into it.

Our players will have to step up, and they did last night.

6 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Maybe.   Taylor isn't chopped liver and Bouye is coming online.

It will hurt us for sure, but I don't think it will be so bad that it will be domino.

Houston scored more points last night when Horn was in, then when he was out....now Houston was playing from behind so that played into it.

Our players will have to step up, and they did last night.

Meh… 

A lot of what we’re doing now is due to the fact that Jaycee can float out blanket guys. Snow can bring pressure from the back end knowing a guy like Jaycee can hold his own. Same applies to Jackson being healthy so far this year as well.

Last year Sow wasn’t able to a lot of things because guys like Douglas, Pride and whoever else we trotted out there couldn’t cover a pylon. 

It’ll change things and if it doesn’t, teams will attack us through the air. A guy like Melvin is a sitting duck back there in coverage. 

They truly need to be doing whatever it takes to get Sherman in that building today 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Why does everyone keep saying Dallas is good? They aren’t from what they’ve showed so far this year. 

Our first real test will be the Vikings but in reality Arizona. 

For the defense, Dallas will be a bigger test than either Minnesota or Arizona.  I hate Dallas, but Dak at this point in his career than either Cousins or Murray.  And the Cowboys are getting over five ypc in the run game.  They have a very balanced attack.  

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Meh… 

A lot of what we’re doing now is due to the fact that Jaycee can float out blanket guys. Snow can bring pressure from the back end knowing a guy like Jaycee can hold his own. Same applies to Jackson being healthy so far this year as well.

Last year Sow wasn’t able to a lot of things because guys like Douglas, Pride and whoever else we trotted out there couldn’t cover a pylon. 

It’ll change things and if it doesn’t, teams will attack us through the air. A guy like Melvin is a sitting duck back there in coverage. 

They truly need to be doing whatever it takes to get Sherman in that building today 

We'll see a week from Sunday.

I think there are 3 points to be made here:

1. Horn has been incredible. Exactly as advertised and has pretty much shutdown his receiver consistently.

2. This D's strength is on the pass rush and DL and that is the identity and core of this defense. Having great secondary play absolutely helps free them up even more and lets you be more aggressive with blitzing, etc. so in that aspect Horn is definitely a big loss. However, I don't think it's as big of a loss as Burns, Brown or Reddick would be. Small sample size against a subpar offense but last night our D really did not lose a step at all after Horn went out. This will be an impactful loss for as long as he's out but I also don't think it's a disaster and the D should still continue to be a huge strength for us.

3. Bouye is the real deal and absolutely cushions the loss of Horn quite a bit. Just a bummer we don't get to see both of them with Donte to form an extremely solid CB group, at least not until later in the season/playoffs potentially.

1 hour ago, Kryptick said:

I haven't payed enough attention to him myself so I want to get a jist of what we're going to be missing with him gone.

Is AJ Bouye or Richard Sherman a viable replacement?

They never tested him.  AJ will be tested immediately.  No time to ease in, Amari Cooper, Ceedee Lamb, Zeke and Dak are not gonna take it easy.  

The season has officially started.  10 days to destiny.

According to PFF Horn has an overall grade of 66.8 which is not bad for a rookie CB. They say "Horn has looked solid so far but has yet to be tested by a successful passing attack". Horn is ranked 8th out of 23 rookie CB's taken in the draft.

Eric Stokes (29th pick Green Bay) and Patrick Surtain (9th pick Denver) are ranked 1 and 2 

Horn has played well for a rookie.   He's made some mistakes but also came up with his first interception already.   So he's flashed some real ability. 

One thing is for sure - his size is elite.   I'd be watching the game and think to myself "why is that DE lining up against that WR ?".  Horn is a big boy for a CB.   And that is a huge plus against the Julio Jones type WR  in the NFL.