• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is now Sam Darnold's team

NAS

10 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I think this is the Defense's team. Darnold has played great without everything being on him. Our defense has won games and he has been great at just playing steady and not trying to be a hero like in NY.

Not saying that if it's all on him he would revert back to that, but the plan in place has been working. Defense wins the game. Darnold doesn't turn the ball over to lose us the game. 

Although I agree with you on the most part about being a defensive team, but the qb will always be the face of the franchise and the blame or glory of wins and loses will be directly corralated to the position.  Look at all those superbowl winners and losers...Brady, Elway, Montana, Manning, McMahon, Farvre, Dilfer, Brees, Jim Kelley...Win or lose they also had great running backs, good to great oline and great defenses.  What does Panthers have?  Point is,  no matter how great the defense is, if the qb can't score or sustain drives, it's most likely, this panthers defense alone can't  win against Dallas next week or against playoff teams consistently without CMC.  So, yeah, this is Darnold's team.

12 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

Interesting fact of the game:

Referees threw the flag for more yards than Dak Prescott threw the ball..  🤭

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

22 hours ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Am I the only one starting to think that Robby isn't getting as many targets because he reminds Darnold of the Jets?

I heard that some of the deep stuff to Robby was not taken so Sam could play it safe on some of the plays.  

I think time will tell but maybe he is going for the higher percentage throws.   But they do need to get Robby more involved.  

10 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I heard that some of the deep stuff to Robby was not taken so Sam could play it safe on some of the plays.  

I think time will tell but maybe he is going for the higher percentage throws.   But they do need to get Robby more involved.  

Did you miss all Robby's easy-pass drops Thursday?