• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OL looked bad last night

SBBlue

6 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

I think the ratings leave some context out. 

Like with the pass block win rate. Does that include when no one engages a pass rusher? If not, then that doesn't even factor into the equation, which results in a better grade for the o-line even though they let a rusher come in uncontested.

I really just ignore those, and the PRWR.  Based on those, the jets DL>>>>Panther DL.

You can be number 1 in PRWR and have no tackles, qb hits, sacks, PD, TFL, or FF.  Weeks one that is exactly what happend.  I got past my guy, but didn't do anything essentially.

Edited by SBBlue

OL is our biggest weakness and will only get exposed more if they don't fix it.  I am really hopeful that Brown and Christensen can develop quickly because Daley and Elflein have looked terrible.

Edited by NAS
fixed name
  • Pie 1

Just now, glenwo2 said:

How the fug does Sam still manage to do it with that O-Line?

It wasn't Jets or Saints bad.  

It wasn't horrific.  Sam had time on many throws, in fact it seems like he was a bit more hesitant last night.

I'm just saying it looked like and statistically-wise was, our worst OL performance yet.

23 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

I wouldn't say bad as much as inconsistent...................at times thing clicked (heck the scored 24 points) but just not consistent as a good power run block oline looks like........

24 points is actually very average.  Slightly below in fact.  In 2020, 24 points per game would have put us somewhere between 17th and 20th.

We aren't far off, and we can get there.  To be a top 10 scoring offense we need to pick up another 3 points per game.  A top 10 offense and a top 10 defense will always have a chance, so that should be our goal.

• Beer 2

Just now, BrianS said:

24 points is actually very average.  Slightly below in fact.  In 2020, 24 points per game would have put us somewhere between 17th and 20th.

We aren't far off, and we can get there.  To be a top 10 scoring offense we need to pick up another 3 points per game.  A top 10 offense and a top 10 defense will always have a chance, so that should be our goal.

Panthers left anywhere from 3 to 14 points on the board depending on how you look at it. 4th and 1 stop could have kicked a FG there. To the fact they could have scored 2 TDs on the two red zone trips that netted a grand total of 3 points. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, NAS said:

OL is our biggest weakness and will only get exposed more if they don't fix it.  I am really hopeful that Brown and Christensen can develop quickly because Staley and Elflein have looked terrible.

Elflien didn't play last night and I don't know who Staley is.

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Panthers left anywhere from 3 to 14 points on the board depending on how you look at it. 4th and 1 stop could have kicked a FG there. To the fact they could have scored 2 TDs on the two red zone trips that netted a grand total of 3 points. 

That Chuba up the gut on 4th and 1 was the STUPIDIST play call yet. I was like WTF.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, NAS said:

I mean to say Daley.  and Elflein played first two games and looked like crap.  Keep splitting hairs.

Sorry I really didn't realize who you were referring too.  Elflein is bad, but we looked worse without him.
It appears that Elflein>Daley.  Paradis spent game one helping Daley out leaving Elflein to fend for himself with their best DLman QWilliams.

I'm a little concerned that we don't see more Brown and BC.  Is it because their not ready yet, or we're trying to keep them fresh for a late season push?

• Pie 1

I don't really care about PFF, its rather pointless.

The oline struggled at times last night, but seemed to do a lot better in the 4th qtr.  Late in the game, Sam had time and the running backs had some holes to run thru.  We were able to run the ball even when they knew we would be running the ball.  

One interesting thing from last night.  We didn't punt one single time in the entire second half.  We either scored or ran out the clock.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Weren’t you just complaining about people complaining about the OL last week? On a bright note, Paradis was making it happen on the QB sneaks!

I was.  I was saying in games 1 and 2 that we looked good considering we were going up against elite DL's.  That we should celebrate when the line does well and it did, especially considering the competition.  

We had our worst performance so far against what PFF considers the worst line in the league.  The line did not do as well last night.  

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Its not just the amount of points though.  We had several long time consuming drives last night.  We only had the ball four times in the entire second half (assuming nfl box score is correct).  Two td's, one field goal, and ran out the clock on the last one.  That is extremely efficient.  

• Pie 1