• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey to miss "a few weeks"

Zod

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I'm cautious with this update. A "few weeks" can turn into a month, can turn into him coming back too early like last year. If this team is in contention in November, hold him out as long as possible for a playoff push.

You have to be certain the hamstring is healed.  You can't take 90% and pray it doesn't strain again.  CMC will want to play but we've got to be certain.

1 minute ago, outlaw4 said:

Don't see why we don't put CMC on IR and use his spot for someone else. 

They are likely still examining to see just how bad the injury is and will evaluate how long they will keep him out. IR has a mandatory 3 week wait period (correct me if im wrong) so they're likely waiting... 

Edited by CarolinaLivin

7 minutes ago, Fright said:

Hope that heavy college use and us riding him into the dirt hasn't caught up… Time to be on the safe side and draft a 1st round RB. 

Sure!  Right after we shore up our oline with first round LT.  We probably could actually throw a late first at another lineman the year after.  About this time we'll want to put another high pick into the dline.  And I imagine somewhere in those few years there will be a can't miss guy that falls to us that we take because BPA.

19 minutes ago, Fright said:

Hope that heavy college use and us riding him into the dirt hasn't caught up… Time to be on the safe side and draft a 1st round RB. 

Only  7 of the top 10 running backs in 2020 were picked after the 1st round. I'm going to suggest that if we want a RB, we trade down and get our 2nd round pick back and use that on a RB.

Top 10 RBs in 2020

• Henry - 2nd round
  • Cook - 2nd round
  • Taylor - 2nd round
  • Aaron Jones - 5th round
  • James Robinson - UDFA
  • David Montgomery - 3rd round
  • Nick Chubb - 2nd round
  • Josh Jacobs - 1st round
  • Melvin Gordon - 1st round
  • Zeke - 1st round
  • Pie 1