• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle's Thoughts on Joe Brady?

t96

When evaluating Brady, you have to disassociate him from all the undeserved hype and praise. He's been anointed a genius offensive playcaller and basically been presumed to get a headcoaching job right after the Panthers hired him. In reality he is insanely green and it shows.

But he does have a smart mind and has tremendous opportunity for growth, demonstrating that already with improved playcalling in the redzone against Houston. Right now I assess him somewhere around league average with the likelihood of transcending to the top 5-10 with more experience. I just suspect someone will hand him a headcoaching job before he can get there. I wouldn't be too upset if that happens cause at least short-term we shouldn't miss too much of a beat. But it is a bit disappointing we won't get the chance to see him unlock his full potential because the league is so obsessed with young offensive playcallers and will undoubtedly give him a head coaching job before he's ready for one.

• Beer 1