• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Working Out Duke Johnson Today

Proudiddy

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Duke Johnson is amazing.

Yeah, I had the same thought. Really surprised he isn’t signed with someone right now. Especially with the Ravens and 49ers injury issues.

Hes not been a great runner out of the backfield so I guess that’s why, but he really is a poor mans James White which is certainly worth having.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Then why isn’t he on a team. Not saying he is garbage but he has been to a couple team tryouts and not signed.

Just mentioned on another comment that he’s never been that great of a runner out of the backfield. He’s really a WR but with a RBs body. He’s fast but he’s not a burner and he’s never been good as a traditional RB. But I view him as a poor mans James White and a reliable check down for Darnold on 3rd and long. 

He’s not an elite RB but he’s damn good catching balls and can make something happen in space. I will feel MUCH better with someone like him because Hubbard just isn’t comfortable catching passes at this point.

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Just mentioned on another comment that he’s never been that great of a runner out of the backfield. He’s really a WR but with a RBs body. He’s fast but he’s not a burner and he’s never been good as a traditional RB. But I view him as a poor mans James White and a reliable check down for Darnold on 3rd and long. 

He’s not an elite RB but he’s damn good catching balls and can make something happen in space. I will feel MUCH better with someone like him because Hubbard just isn’t comfortable catching passes at this point.

Do you think Hubbard is big enough to be 1,2 down back?

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Do you think Hubbard is big enough to be 1,2 down back?

I guess we are about to find out. He hit his stride later in the game last night and was a damn good runner in college. I don’t know if he’s a 1,2 down back but I trust him more in that role than I do trusting him as an outlet for Darnold on 3rd and 8

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

All he has to do is get first downs and keep the chains moving.  We don't need him to break off 80 yard runs.  He also has to be able to block linebackers.  If he can do that well I say bring his ass on board. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Averages 5 yards a carry. Nearly 5k career all-purpose yards and 20 TDs.

I've never been able to understand why he's not been used more in the NFL. I don't think we'll sign him, because life isn't that fair, but I think he's a brilliant player.

• Beer 1