• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Working Out Duke Johnson Today

Proudiddy

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

All he has to do is get first downs and keep the chains moving.  We don't need him to break off 80 yard runs.  He also has to be able to block linebackers.  If he can do that well I say bring his ass on board. 

The part about picking up blitzing LB’s and safeties is often forgotten.  Sam Darnold nods in approval.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Fox007 said:

In terms of the RB yup.

Could try to use Tremble or just Darnold...he's not a small guy. Not as good as Cam but clearly a better option than our tiny ass RBs

I'd only use Darnold on those sneak plays. You don't really want him to be your primary short yardage option. 

6 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

IMO, and I acknowledge it may be skewed by my own misguided perception of him, he has such a high average yards per carry because he can break monster runs. I really liked him coming out of college back in the day. But it has seemed to me that in the NFL as a runner he might run 10 times for 6 yards but then on that 11th carry he can break it off for a 60 yard score. 

So I think his average might be a bit skewed by that? I just don't feel he's a consistent runner. Doesn't run particularly well between the tackles. But he has the ability to break one off and once he gets behind you, you likely aren't catching back up to him. I think that's why he evolved into a pass catching back. You don't want to hand it off to him over and over but get him in space and he can make something happen for you.

Either way, like you, I am a fan of his. He is a playmaker, even if a bit inconsistent. And he may be an ideal fit to play the CMC role until CMC can get back out there. 

For a second there, I thought you were talking about Barry Sanders, lol.

• Beer 1