• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Injury update: Burris pulled groin, potential IR. Jaycee Horn has 3 broken bones in his foot...

SgtJoo

33 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...Horns injury looked weird...he was just back peddling and went down...did it happen in a previous play?

I couldn’t be further from a doctor but I thought he either rolled an ankle or did an Achilles. Can’t believe he shattered his foot on an injury like that. So strange 

So I am just guessing here, but I think Horn's cleat got tangled in the turf and when he went to push off and "explode" into the play that's where he broke the bones.  He's a pro athlete and his leg muscles are probably off the chart strong....he started to get into the play the cleat held his foot in place and him being so strong probably fractured his metatarsals.  I am going to guess the three laterally (3rd, 4th, 5th metatarsals) which means one could be a Jones Fracture (5th metatarsal) (which I had and sucks balls when you have to let it heal by itself without surgery....think like 5 months non-weight bearing). 

Really sucks for Jaycee and the Panthers.  Let him heal up and don't even think about rushing him back.

Also, turf sucks but I also have to wonder if there are shorter stubbed cleats these guys could be wearing to help prevent this kind of thing.  I am guessing the answer is no.

Edited by Rocky Davis
  • Pie 1

59 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

So instead of posting your 3 tweets there...you decided to make a WHOLE new thread for your tweets..

At the end of the day, what does it matter? Way too many thread police around here.  He posted new, relevant content.  I for one appreciate this thread.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

At the end of the day, what does it matter? Way too many thread police around here.  He posted new, relevant content.  I for one appreciate this thread.  

Good for you! Want a cookie? Your post is as pointless as this thread..new relevant content can go in the appropriate place like the first thread.

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

This is where having a dad who played in the league over a decade is invaluable.... Whether you like Joe Horn or not, the advice he's giving Jaycee right now comes from veteran experience

Joe was a pain when he played.  From the looks of things, he raised a fine son and I’ve got no ill will towards the man at all.  Hope they come to a decision they can all make peace with.

Damn...  three?  THREE broken bones in his foot off a non-contact injury.  I dont think I've ever heard of that happening, EVER.  And judging how close he is with his family/dad, my inclination is they will elect to shut him down and give it plenty of time to heal.  Selfishly, as a fan, if there is a possibility to get him back at 100% this year, then I would like to, but I also want to make sure he's healthy for the rest of his career.  As much as I hate that he'll miss almost the entirety of his rookie year, I think I want him to take his time and fully heal, even if it means missing the rest of the season.  But man, this sucks.

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Damn...  three?  THREE broken bones in his foot off a non-contact injury.  I dont think I've ever heard of that happening, EVER.  And judging how close he is with his family/dad, my inclination is they will elect to shut him down and give it plenty of time to heal.  Selfishly, as a fan, if there is a possibility to get him back at 100% this year, then I would like to, but I also want to make sure he's healthy for the rest of his career.  As much as I hate that he'll miss almost the entirety of his rookie year, I think I want him to take his time and fully heal, even if it means missing the rest of the season.  But man, this sucks.

Like others have said, it almost certainly wasn't there where it happened. Obviously no one has proof but it must have been fell on, stepped on, or otherwise cracked/weakened and in the flow of the game with adrenaline he didn't know until he tried to put his weight on it and collapsed. The turf IMO just finished the job.