• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Core players to re sign

WarPanthers89

I really like the core of our team. We have all the promise in the world to seriously compete next season by retaining some of our core players while still managing the cap with our stars on rookie deals. 

Here are the players we must re sign moving forward. If you do not agree, suck an egg. 

1. Haason Reddick - He, along with Burns can be our all star starters/QB killas/run game brick walls for the next two seasons minimum while Burns plays out his rookie deal.

2. Action Jackson - Horn is on his rookie deal and AJ is with us for another season in the slot. Jackson starting the next 4 years along with Horn will be two extremely talented. Young, fast CB’s who can compete with anyone. 

3. Jermaine Carter - Wow. What a difference he has been compared to Whitehead last year. He is as underrated as they come, and should come at a discount. I will feel much better at LB with him and Shaq playing together the next 2-3 years. 

Honorable mention:

DJ Moore - this goes without saying. I would have added him in if he wasn’t already under contract for his 5th year option.

Daquan Jones - What a difference he has made to our D line. He does not have eye popping stats, but has freed up Brown, Burns, and Reddick to be able to go crazy. Don’t underestimate his value to Shaq being able to go sideline to sideline.

45F60DE8-0428-4002-95EE-498C92E475FC.jpeg

D4685EBB-D333-46D4-84CB-EA8CA2BD414B.jpeg

7E346E30-654B-4DC0-80F1-254410FB1952.jpeg

85847BE3-59C7-4319-BA76-31C007E19B0C.jpeg

C2802EC7-72D2-4714-B7E9-AA6002D8D186.jpeg

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Honestly the sooner we can do DJ the better though I doubt it’s gonna happen. We will probably end up having to tag him. 

Yep DJ needs to get done mid season then one of burn/reddick. Prob reddick since we can ride out Burns a bit longer

Fitterer made a lot of fantastic value signings that were immediate contributors. Morgan Fox, Daquan Jones, Hassan Reddick, Dan Arnold, ect. 

I think Burris, Carter Jr., Paradis and Jones are all replaceable. You can't sign everyone to a huge contract. I will say I would sign Burris to another cheap deal. I remember some dark days on previous years with safeties being out of position and that's not happening with the current group. Since he's likely out a couple of games we will get to see what life is like without him.

The main guys we need to lock up are Reddick and Jackson. They are both playing out of their mind well. Reddick is getting insane pressure and also opens up Burns even more. Unfortunately that's going to mean paying top 5 OLB money which is in the 15 to 20 million per year range. And Jackson is also crushing it. Tackling well, covering well, swarming well, and seems to have developed into a team leader. He may find himself priced out since we can't lock everyone up and he may be the last man out. But man I'd love to keep him for a couple more years so this defense can continue improving.