• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas has any trade value?

Ivory Panther

I've been pretty critical about Thomas, but if you think he's expandable, you're probably not watching games. I don't think he'll ever reach his real potential, but when things click for him, he's a good blocker especially in open field. If you want to move on from a TE, Arnold is your man

Edited by Al Morgan

Honestly, I've thought Ian Thomas was a lost cause here for years. I may be wrong now, though. He's contributing, particularly on blocking and he's been out there making the efforts in the passing game.

He's not tearing up the league, but he's doing his part. And with the number of two TE sets we've been running, he's obviously got a place in the team's plans. He's not been doing anything spectacular, but something tells me there's going to be a spot he'll be utilized beyond what we're thinking.

Now Dan Arnold... he's not living up to the hype yet, but we've only had three games. Any time now, any time...

• Pie 1

Tremble is the only current TE on the roster that I see being a total package for the Panthers. Ian Thomas is a liability when blocking and has had issues with running the wrong routes since he came into the league. Arnold isn't bad, but I'd like to have two TEs that can catch and block.

• Pie 1

On 9/25/2021 at 3:24 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I doubt he has much if any value. At this point, I'd rather just hang onto him than trade him for a 6th or 7th.

U rather keep Ian for for this year rather than a 6th? That means you want to sign him to a long term contract? 

I don't man...I rather get something for a guy we are not going to resign than just let him walk. Especially when his production can easily be replaced for the rest of the year. 

On 9/25/2021 at 6:49 AM, Al Morgan said:

I've been pretty critical about Thomas, but if you think he's expandable, you're probably not watching games. I don't think he'll ever reach his real potential, but when things click for him, he's a good blocker especially in open field. If you want to move on from a TE, Arnold is your man

I think he has potential, thus the reason I think he can be traded. 

My logic is that the production is nothing to write home about, and with the emergence of Tremble, I rather give Tommy more time to continue to improve.

I don't think we will re-sign him (at least I don't think we should), so I rather get something for him now rather than let him walk for nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

U rather keep Ian for for this year rather than a 6th? That means you want to sign him to a long term contract? 

I don't man...I rather get something for a guy we are not going to resign than just let him walk. Especially when his production can easily be replaced for the rest of the year. 

No, it means I value him more as a backup TE than I value a 6th round pick. We're 3-0. It's okay to start shifting a bit toward competing instead of simply focusing entirely on building for the future.

• Pie 2

On 9/25/2021 at 12:49 PM, Al Morgan said:

You heard it here first 😆

• Pie 1