• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm pretty sure both CMC and Horns injuries are due to new field

Snake

I know we all have been digesting losing two key players today but no one has really talked about this. Studies have shown both hamstring and foot injuries happen more on artificial turf than natural. I understand Teppers want to change because of many factors but he might have just caused us to see increased injuries as well as being really poor for the environment as well. Either way I just wanted to open a discussion about this. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 15

18 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm pretty sure both CMC and Horns injuries are due to new field

I understand Teppers want to change because of many factors but he might have just caused us to see increased injuries as well as being really poor for the environment as well.

Complete horse-hockey...

...stop with the virtue signaling.

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Except they were both hurt in Houston, not in Charlotte.

Yes but the wear and tear factor of artificial turf can't be ignored. Both were non contact injuries coming from two weeks on turf. Not to mention multiple groin pulls as well which are minor but are also non contact injuries. 

Edited by Snake
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

I've always been under the impression teams really only play on the stadium fields during actual games. All other times they practice on practice fields. Thus CMC and Horn have played exactly two games on the new field. I really don't think that's enough their injuries are owing to the new field. I'm sure whatever studies you're referencing show these things to be factors over time. If turf fields caused that much of an immediate impact and difference, no NFL team would use them. 

At the end of the day you're still talking about owners who make the call on these fields and have to sign the paychecks for a whole roster of highly paid hard to replace elite athletes.  If the turf fields really are so much worse, the owners would just be shooting themselves in the foot. I'm not saying all owners are smart, but they do act in their own self interest.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I've always been under the impression teams really only play on the stadium fields during actual games. All other times they practice on practice fields. Thus CMC and Horn have played exactly two games on the new field. I really don't think that's enough their injuries are owing to the new field. I'm sure whatever studies you're referencing show these things to be factors over time. If turf fields caused that much of an immediate impact and difference, no NFL team would use them. 

At the end of the day you're still talking about owners who make the call on these fields and have to sign the paychecks for a whole roster of highly paid hard to replace elite athletes.  If the turf fields really are so much worse, the owners would just be shooting themselves in the foot. I'm not saying all owners are smart, but they do act in their own self interest.

You practice on the surface you Play on that week typically. 

We had turf in college. But if we were going away to a grass field we would practice on the grass practice field that week.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1