• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Greenberg on Sam Darnold

cookinbrak

36 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

I have a very good memory.  I remember when the Jets WR coach had this to say about Sam….couldn’t find the actual video a media guy recorded though, must have been deleted.  In the vid, he really emphasized the naughty word, lol,

I've been pleasantly surprised by his accuracy so far - even on some of the splash plays he made for the Jets he was sometimes a little behind the WR.

That throw to Erikson on Thursday night tho...

schwing GIF

• The D 2

10 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I've been pleasantly surprised by his accuracy so far - even on some of the splash plays he made for the Jets he was sometimes a little behind the WR.

That throw to Erikson on Thursday night tho...

schwing GIF

I think he has had more pin point passes than "bad" throws and it isn't even close.

I want to see Fitterer and Co. figure out how to fix our O-Line this year without giving up our 1st or 3rd this year. 

If that happens I think we can remain in the playoff conversation the rest of the season.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think he has had more pin point passes than "bad" throws and it isn't even close.

I want to see Fitterer and Co. figure out how to fix our O-Line this year without giving up our 1st or 3rd this year. 

If that happens I think we can remain in the playoff conversation the rest of the season.

We're not fixing our line this year, that much is obvious.  That was never part of the plan.  We drafted a couple guys who we hope will contribute there by the end of the year.  I expect us to invest in the OL in the coming offseason.

But we ain't fixing it this year.  And that's fine.  This is what a true rebuild looks like.  Three wins and everyone thinks we're a contender.  We're not.  We might make the playoffs this year if the stars align, but we aren't a contender . . . yet.

Next year our salary cap hell officially ends.  We have picks in every round but the second.  Next year I do expect us to produce a playoff team.  Whatever happens this year is icing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

No fixing this year.

but I see us working heavy on online on FA and draft next year.

our draft should be OL and a couple spots on D