• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold has arrived for the Panthers

SBBlue

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Eh, little early for a definitive statement but very promising so far. Of note to me is that he's consistently looking better than he did in NY (still some hiccups of course) while Teddy looked exactly how he always has during those first games last year.

I bring this up because the staff is the common denominator. Getting improved performance like this is a big plus IMO.

Yep.  Sam has more passing yards, more passing TDs, more rushing TDs, and fewer ints than Teddy through the first 3 games comparing last year Teddy to this year's Sam.  Sam's  just a better QB.  

• Pie 2

I keep reading about what happens to Sam in a shootout. He's built for just that, his issues don't stem from placement, or necessarily reads, as much as trusting his recievers and throwing it up vs wasting a play. He also has a short memory and trusts his arm, Same trait superstars get praised for when their playmakers make the catch. 

I know it was coledge, he was a 19 year old frosh, but here's sam in a shootout when he has playmakers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, User Name said:

I keep reading about what happens to Sam in a shootout. He's built for just that, his issues don't stem from placement, or necessarily reads, as much as trusting his recievers and throwing it up vs wasting a play. He also has a short memory and trusts his arm, Same trait superstars get praised for when their playmakers make the catch. 

I know it was coledge, he was a 19 year old frosh, but here's sam in a shootout when he has playmakers.

We were sitting right above our band, on the side where most of those plays were made.  It was awesome, particularly after Chris Godwin scored his last touchdown for Penn State…..motioning to us that it was bedtime and they had put the game away.  Lol.

Our players said that at the lowest point in the game, Sam told them with his quiet confidence, that they would win the game.

7 hours ago, Bartin said:

He’s got a way to go to top Olsen for a 3rd round pick

Considering Tremble has had 1 target which he caught for 30 yards, and 1 rush for a 7 yard touchdown, I think comparing him to Olsen is very premature.  He did  return 1 kick from the Jets  for 21 yards.   That's it.  No other targets or rushes,  the rest is blocking, which hasn't been perfect, but has been pretty good overall and if go you and watch Sam's goalline push TD, the pile doesn't move until Tremble gets involved.

Olsen was originally a 1st rounder reclamation project who's numbers were in decline when we traded. 

We'll see more of Tremble, but I REALLY like what I've seen so far.

Edited by SBBlue

4 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Considering Tremble has had 1 target which he caught for 30 yards, and 1 rush for a 7 yard touchdown, I think comparing him to Olsen is very premature.  He did  return 1 kick from the Jets  for 21 yards.   That's it.  No other targets or rushes,  the rest is blocking, which hasn't been perfect, but has been pretty good overall and if go you and watch Sam's goalline push TD, the pile doesn't move until Tremble gets involved.

Olsen was originally a 1st rounder reclamation project who's numbers were in decline when we traded. 

We'll see more of Tremble, but I REALLY like what I've seen so far.

Umm, I was responding to a comment about the best trade in Panthers history. Nothing to do with Tremble.

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Umm, I was responding to a comment about the best trade in Panthers history. Nothing to do with Tremble.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to Tremble in the 3rd.

Olsen's first year he had 540 yards and caught only 50% of his targets.   Unless Sam falls to earth, he is looking much better than Olsen did his first year with us.