• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Sunday NFL games thread

Zod

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, I'm over it, but it does suck to just never get any respect.  No matter the years that go by, the amount of time we've been in the league, the players and coaches that come and go, a change in ownership - we have to be the most disrespect or at minimum, the least respected team in the league.

I think those days are fading, every time I hear the panthers mentioned now days it's competent, young talented. Maybe not hyped. But clearly well thought of

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

I will never be critical of a rookie QB that is drafted by a sh*tty franchise, ever again.  Franchisees that don’t build around a rookie QB BEFORE drafting one, should be stripped from drafting one.  Signing veterans only, till they build at least an average offense around a young guy.

Don’t pretend that many of these players suck, simply to make you feel good your franchise didn’t draft them. 

Cam came in here with one good receiver and a TE and lit the world on fire as a rookie.  Team building is part of it, but some of this stuff is just bad.  Going back to HS, if you throw late, bad things happen, and that flea flicker throw was about as late as they get...  Lawrence can't do that, regardless of the staff or team around him.  They had the lead...  no reason to do that there.

Now, as I mentioned with Fields, Nagy has shown himself to be a QB killer at this point, and a pretty crappy coach.  So, I think its entirely possible the system is not helping Fields.  But again, some of the decisions he has made when the read looks pretty simple and consistently locking onto one read and one read only, the early results are not encouraging.

4 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

I will never be critical of a rookie QB that is drafted by a sh*tty franchise, ever again.  Franchisees that don’t build around a rookie QB BEFORE drafting one, should be stripped from drafting one.  Signing veterans only, till they build at least an average offense around a young guy.

Don’t pretend that many of these players suck, simply to make you feel good your franchise didn’t draft them. 

That's not how it works. 

If you're drafting high enough to spend a pick on a premium position, i.e. QB, then by definition the rest of your team needs a lot of help. 

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

And not a one of the interesting games is being shown on the local channel.  Bungles vs the old folks home bound Big Ben, and the Washington football team being spanked.  

Yep its annoying. Can't wait til the directv contract ends. I had it in the past but just don't need or want cable at this point in my life. I just want to watch all the football games. Is that too much to ask?

Watching the Bills vs. WFT. A couple of things have stood out.

It's the same old Ron Rivera.

The Bills have dominated this game and haven't taken their foot off the gas. Learning from their prior team's history?

The Bills are doing everything we should have done with Cam, with Josh Allen. They've developed him as a passer and greatly limited his rushing.