• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Sunday NFL games thread

Zod

5 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Yup.  Tepper was so afraid that Rhule would take the Giants job he went to his house where he waited for him to come from vacation from Baylor's bowl game.  He helped him carry in his luggage.  After a few questions they went into full on recruiting.  Rhule grew in up in NY.

It was Marty who went into "recruiting mode" first.

Ironic as hell, I know 😆

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, t96 said:

Rough day for rookie QBs... Maybe our front office really did know what they were doing passing on this class and trading for Sam?

Davis Mills has looked the best on the field out of all of them.

Lawrence has looked awful, Wilson has looked worse than awful, Mac Jones fully healthy has a weaker arm than a post shoulder injury Cam, and Justin Fields looked 3 steps behind everyone else on the field today.

I am beyond happy the team went with Sam.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

As to Fields, he was still a rookie playing his first game so anybody looking to make definitive statements about him based on that needs to pump the brakes a little bit.

Of course nothing definitive, but we can only judge what has happened thus far, and today was bad.

• Pie 1

As to Fields, he was still a rookie playing his first game so anybody looking to make definitive statements about him based on that needs to pump the brakes a little bit.

Looking back we were a lot closer to playoff ready than I think most of us realized. Drafting fields would have taken us an extra 1 or 2 years to build. I'm not rooting against him but it does help solidify my opinion that Horn was the correct pick regardless of how Fields performs. 

• Beer 2

It was Marty who went into "recruiting mode" first.

Ironic as hell, I know 😆

It is ironic that Rhule was a key factor for Marty being gone.  I will forever be grateful to Rhule for that alone.

Tepper's and Marty's actions indicate this was their guy before the interview though.  They were prepared to make an offer immediately, they traveled to his house to jump the schedule, they carried in his luggage.  You don't do that if you're slightly interested.  A couple questions in just confirmed what they already knew.  Rhule was the guy.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If he'd known...

Well, best for us that he didn't.

I know your thoughts on Hurney, but he did play a big hand in making an under funded small market franchise relevant. No excuses but he was about as competent as his skill set allowed, Tep even acknowledged  that..

The issue was always Jerry being tight and controlling.  And that included the GM position.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Some  people looked to him as a Cam-esqe QB... a mobile, dynamic QB.  Cam had a better first game.  Fields will just never come close to Cam.