• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Sunday NFL games thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Just to demonstrate what you said. Here's a list of the top 30 Metro areas in the US.

Charlotte is 21 and Raleigh, which is not very far away is 29. Plus the top areas like NY, LA, Wash/Bal, have 2 teams and places like Port, Orlando who are larger than us have no teams. have no teams. 

So 21-4-2= 15. We are 15th in the league without considering Raleigh.

Close, but not quite. You can't do the math on the ranking number, but you have to use the household/population figure.  Just adding Charlote+Raleigh would put "Carolina" at 13.5, between Seattle and Minnesota.  A bit better than your #15 suggestion 🙂 

1 minute ago, PanthersATL said:

I'll dig up the 1998 numbers eventually.  In the meantime, 2006 numbers show:

• Charlotte was #26, ahead of San Diego (27), KC (31), Buffalo (49), Jacksonville (52)
  • Adding in High Point would put the area in-between Seattle (14) and Minneapolis (15)

still not "small town" in terms of TV market size.

Honestly don't bother, I don't disagree, it's not about market size so much as relevance (sorry I used that term). And from a media perspective the panthers were on the bottom of the shoe until 2002, an Marty hand some hand in changing that.

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If I could afford one I would buy an electric vehicle in a heartbeat. 

I went with a BMW i3s with a home charger. Best car I've ever owned - albeit if you want to do long journeys it's not the car for you (probably has a range of 140miles if you're doing straight motorway (highway) journeys and takes 40 mins to recharge from 0-80%) - which is the drawback of all electric cars I gather. 

It's an electric go-kart to drive though - tons of fun. 

5 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Close, but not quite. You can't do the math on the ranking number, but you have to use the household/population figure.  Just adding Charlote+Raleigh would put "Carolina" at 13.5, between Seattle and Minnesota.  A bit better than your #15 suggestion 🙂 

I wasn't adding Raleigh. As I said, 

We are 15th in the league without considering Raleigh

. If you counted Raleigh they would be near Seattle. Then if making the reductions based on number of teams or no team would put us top 10. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

I went with a BMW i3s with a home charger. Best car I've ever owned - albeit if you want to do long journeys it's not the car for you (probably has a range of 140miles if you're doing straight motorway (highway) journeys and takes 40 mins to recharge from 0-80%) - which is the drawback of all electric cars I gather. 

It's an electric go-kart to drive though - tons of fun. 

marge simpson episode 13 GIF

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, User Name said:

And from a media perspective the panthers were on the bottom of the shoe until 2002, an Marty hand some hand in changing that.

Yeah that's...not really true.

The Panthers got loads of attention early for reaching the NFC Championship in only their second year. Seifert had em in the public eye in 1999 as well.

Marty got us some attention from 2002 to 2005 but then outside of 2008 we pretty much faded from view again till the Newton pick.

The notion that Marty brought us any kind of consistent prominence just isn't accurate.