• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You'd think that after 25 seasons...

PanthersATL

17 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It really is the correct name.

I hate the two states one team BS.

It should have always been Charlotte Panthers 

That's funny, most of "Charlotte" now pulls for teams north of Virginia.  It wasn't that way in 1995.  Look at the stands when the Steelers, Eagles, No-Names, Patriots and New York teams (all 3) come to town.   Tell me I'm wrong.  They travel from Charlotte's burbs to support their hometown teams, not flying in from up north. More, now than ever, it needs to be the Carolina Panthers. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

I for one appreciate the team being called the Carolina Panthers, I have always lived in either North or South Carolina but never near Charlotte. I grew up in the mountains of WNC and have spent time in Upstate SC and now live near Charleston. I enjoy having my home team be the Panthers even though I’ve lived in both states. I agree the two states one team slogan is a little corny but I do appreciate the sentiment. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Including South Carolina with the Panthers name is a joke. I mean Charlotte South (Fort Mill and parts of Rockhill) support the team but the majority of SC is either indifferent or Falcons fans

4 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Let's see how many empty seats would be in the stadium if you excluded the SC fans. From day one the team was intended to represent both states so you guys really need to stop acting so high and mighty and quit looking down on the SC fanbase.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

Let's see how many empty seats would be in the stadium if you excluded the SC fans. From day one the team was intended to represent both states so you guys really need to stop acting so high and mighty and quit looking down on the SC fanbase.

Charlotte was picked to be the home of the Panthers because it was the biggest city closest to the border that could draw fans from both states. 

THIS IS THE CAROLINA PANTHERS.  I grew up in NC so looking for a NC team was always my dream.  When it turned out to be the Carolina Panthers based on two states my feelings weren't hurt.  We had a team. 

I think some of you may forget the Richardson amazing presentation to the NFL.  The presentation was based on two states.  In the beginning of the search for new franchises Richardson's team was a huge darkhorse.  If it wasn't for Richardson's presentation we would still be fans of other teams.

HOUSTON GET IT RIGHT NEXT TIME..

CAROLINA PANTHERS

• Beer 4

In the early 90's, Charlotte by itself was much too small to be considered for a NFL franchise.  Some people don't realize how much Charlotte has grown over the past 25 year.  Today, yeah, Charlotte's metro area could support a NFL team based on population alone.  The catch is, most of the transplants (and there's TON of them) still pull for other teams as I mentioned earlier.

• Beer 1