• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Troy Aikmen goes out his way to bash Panthers again.

jackson113

45 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

It'd be one thing if the Panthers were squeaking out lucky wins by the skin of their teeth; then maybe you say the 3-0 deserves an asterisk. But they are flat out playing dominant in every single game.

Looking more closely at the game books last night I was really struck by our 1st half vs Saints & 2nd half vs. Texans. Definitely showing ability to dominate. Keep improving and we could be very dangerous on both sides of the ball.  More details tomorrow...

• Pie 3

39 minutes ago, Varking said:

We have beat really bad teams. We have lucked out to start with an easy schedule. All we can do is beat who is on the scheduled. He wasn’t lying but the truth is it doesn’t matter. We are 3-0. We beat whoever the league asked us to play so far. 

I agree. But we haven't just beat easy teams.  We have dominated them.  That should count for something

Not to mention the Saints really are not a bad team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

We really have had a light schedule. Saints didn’t have quite a few players. If we beat Dallas you might have reason to be angry. We beat who was on our schedule, we can’t help who was there. Even if we beat Dallas they will have a reason we didn’t earn that W too. Welcome to Panthers fandom.  

11 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

He’s not wrong, but I like how we’ve beat the bad teams we’ve played and been dominate. So far I’ve been wrong on Sammy Darnold. Hope he continues

Its fine to say our schedule is about to test us, but pretty much every 3 and 0 team has gotten to beat up on 1-2 trash teams so far.  And our d has been incredible so far... We aren't just squeezing out wins. Ah well.

Btw, big props for admitting you've been wrong on Darnold so far...  Hopefully he keeps impressing both of us... I'd really like to not need to have to find a 3rd qb in 3 years.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Its fine to say our schedule is about to test us, but pretty much every 3 and 0 team has gotten to beat up on 1-2 trash teams so far.  And our d has been incredible so far... We aren't just squeezing out wins. Ah well.

Btw, big props for admitting you've been wrong on Darnold so far...  Hopefully he keeps impressing both of us... I'd really like to not need to have to find a 3rd qb in 3 years.

Yea, admittedly I’ve been a hater but I’ll admit when I’m wrong or currently wrong. Not ready to eat crow yet, but if he continues, I’ll come on here again and admit I was wrong 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Yea, admittedly I’ve been a hater but I’ll admit when I’m wrong or currently wrong. Not ready to eat crow yet, but if he continues, I’ll come on here again and admit I was wrong 

To be fair to you, if Darnold continues to improve it'll be almost unprecedented... Even Tannehill had enough years before Gase that we had seen some glimpse of competency, heh.  Gase is why I was taking a wait and see approach.  I've been pleasantly surprised heh.

I just want to see Darnold continue to improve... that second half vs the Texans was pretty impressive all things considered.  I really hope he continues to build his chemistry with DJ with CMC sitting for a bit.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jackson113 said:

Said we were just lucky because the schedule fell easy for us. 

Nobody wins anything of significance in the NFL without some luck…..and we just lost our best player and maybe our best defender. So we aren’t THAT lucky Troy.