• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Genius..

The Huddler

Yea I hate it because he's such a good kid and I really like him but when your closest NFL comparison thus far is The Golden Calf of Bristol then poo ain't lookin up.

He also seemed slower than I thought he'd be too. He was caught by the DEs pretty much everytime. I know some of those DEs on that team are fast but just looking at him alone it didn't blow me away like a Lamar Jackson or even Cam tbh.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 2

The Bears seem to me to be like the Gaze run Jets.  They are a mess. 

I was happy we passed on Fields and think the Horn addition really made our defense stellar. Darnold has great numbers and is pretty much overlooked as a top tier QB.  

What I like about Darnold is that he's tough and that he executes the game plan well.  I said earlier,  if our defense remains at the top of the NFL. Darnold is skilled enough to get us in the playoffs.  If we can reach the playoffs I would not discount this team as a contender.  

• Pie 3

The biggest thing I saw from Fields' debut was something that I heard a lot of scouts talking about with him and that he has a VERY slow delivery and it was clear in that game. The Bears suck and their gameplan was bad I agree but watch and you will see a lot of defenders getting around the WRs to break up the plays. This is because of that slow delivery. Once he pulls back to throw, the defender can see where the ball is going to and they have enough time to jump the pass. That's going to be a major issue for him in the future if he doesn't learn how to get it out of his hand faster. Someone is going to need to change the way he throws the ball or he won't make it in the NFL.

• Pie 2

It definitely looks like we made the right decision for our franchise. Fields wasn’t ready to start (especially behind that line) and we needed some immediate return in our investment. Darnold is looking the part and Horn appears to be the real deal (providing he stays healthy). I wouldn’t write off Fields after having him start too early with that staff in one game though. I personally think Fields will be fine, but we made the right decision for where our franchise is. 

• Beer 3