• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Genius..

The Huddler

24 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Sounds so damn familiar, they’re going to ruin that poor kid.  He deserves so much better.  

I’m so happy and grateful where Sammy landed, wish Justin had the same opportunity.

Nagy should be fired if the Bears don’t have a rebound week. Also, their OC needs to call plays. Not Nagy. If he doesn’t give up playcalling immediately he needs to go. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

this was most of the game offensively. 5 man protection with no chipping or help from the TE or RB. Kid is getting killed in 2 seconds and no WR has won their route. Dalton back there doesn’t help. If the ball comes out any sooner no WR is ready and it likely leads to a muffed catch that turns into an INT. 

If you spend the whole game calling plays like this it doesn’t matter who the QB is when the line is getting abused like that. 

That's actually a great example of my point about his delivery being slow. Watch when he makes the quick and correct read, the quick slant is there. Watch how long it takes him to get the ball out of his hand. By the time the ball gets there the defender has read the throw and jumps in from behind the WR to knock the ball down. As I said in my post, yes the play calling was bad and WRs were not wide open but there were times when completions were there and they got batted down. That's why Andy gets more completions in the same offense. He has to get the ball out quicker or that will continue to happen. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 2

That gameplan though!

Did the decision to trade/draft Fields come from above and not Nagy?  Is he trying to sabotage so he can move ahead with Dalton and no bad press?

Right now he is creating a blueprint on how to ruin a top qb draft pick

In two years we can pick him up for a third and a fifth....  GENIUS.

I don’t think it’s fair to judge a QB in his first few years. Yes there have been plenty of qbs that were great out of the gate but there were also lots that took years to develop. Chicago hasn’t done a great job of developing QBs and in my opinion don’t have a good offense around him. He also has a lot to learn because the Ohio state offense is pretty simple.

You have to pair a QBs talent with a great coach that can get the most out of him unless that QB is a true generational talent like Cam and even he would have been better with coaches that knew what they were doing.

We have seen that first hand with Darnold. 

I dont remember many QBs looking that bad in their first start and go on to be a true franchise guy though.

Edited by PootieNunu

On 9/27/2021 at 9:45 AM, frankw said:

The worst team for a rookie quarterback to debut is a toss up between the Bears and Jets. If you're piling on Fields after months of screaming Adam Gase's name you're a hypocrite.

I'm not piling on Fields.  It just confirms what I've been saying since May.

We were told  over and over that reclamation projects almost never work .  Sam is who is, they said.  He's a turn over machine, a bad QB.... a bad decision maker.  When Sam is gone, Rhule will have one more QB and then he will be gone, they said.

Last week we scored more points without CMC than with him and the OL had its worst performance of the season.  Sam was good, 304 yards, no ints and  2 rushing tds.   

Now, again,  a lot chips are on Darnold for Sunday, on the road.  No CMC.  No Horn.  The D will not be as strong and the crutch is gone.   He's got a rookie running back who can't catch and an OL that looked REAL bad last game and is down a starter.

If we win and Sam does well, and it still doesn't convince people he's a good QB,  well that says a lot more about them, than it does about Sam.

• Pie 2

Yes Rookies will make mistakes. Wilson has struggled but stil made plays with a terrible offensive line.  Lawrence has made several mistakes but he is still making plays and showing he's learning under a rookie curve. Fields had 1 yard passing and is clearly overwhelmed.   

Some want to defend that he has a poor oline and they do. Darnold does not have a great o-line and has us at 3-0.  I don't think we would be 3-0 if we had Fields running the show here.

The Horn selection is looking more and more as the right choice. 

4 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Lot of y’all are showing you don’t know poo about football

Its easy for them to make assumptions off of a few highlights. They didn't watch the actual game. Matt Nagy never put Justin Fields in position to be successful in this game. I just listened to The QB School while driving and JT said the same thing. Justin Fields left 3 completions out there on the Field outside of the pass interference. If you give him three more completions it still changes nothing in the game. They basically said we aren't going to motion, we aren't going to protect the kid at QB and we are going to run a bunch of stop routes. Mobile QBs should have plays called where the WR keeps moving. They should have called designed runs. They damn sure should have had more than 5 people blocking but on 13 of his 20 pass attempts there was no blocking TE and no running back to help chip or block. They let the line get torn up and made no changes. There is 0 reason why anyone would think Jason Peters at 39 is blocking Myles G. After sack 2 he should be getting doubled. Or sack 3? Maybe 4? Dude got to 4.5 sacks without getting double teamed once. 

It was an embarrassment and they don't even do stuff like this with Andy Dalton. Dalton regularly gets a 6th blocker. It felt like Nagy just assumed that Fields speed was going to get him away from every defender. There are 0 QBs in the NFL right now that would have had success with the offensive gameplay and adjustments that were made yesterday. This is worse than the stuff that Gase would do. Nagy should be fired.

Look at Darnold perform with decent coaches and good talent around him. 

5 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

You have to pair a QBs talent with a great coach that can get the most out of him unless that QB is a true generational talent like Cam and even he would have been better with coaches that knew what they were doing.

We have seen that first hand with Darnold. 

I dont remember many QBs looking that bad in their first start and go on to be a true franchise guy though.

Aikmen has always stood out to me. 

First 4 games he was:

37 of 85 for 44% completions

515 yards

1 TD

6 INT

Only had 2 games the whole year over 60% completions. 

Most recently, Josh Allens first start:

6 of 15 for 40% completions, 0 TDS and 0 INTs. 74 yards passing. 

6 of 20 for 30% completions, 0 TDS and 0 INTs. 68 yards passing was Justin Fields. Very similar to Allen. The difference is Allen has a far superior coach than Nagy. 

37 minutes ago, Varking said:

Its easy for them to make assumptions off of a few highlights. They didn't watch the actual game. Matt Nagy never put Justin Fields in position to be successful in this game. I just listened to The QB School while driving and JT said the same thing. Justin Fields left 3 completions out there on the Field outside of the pass interference. If you give him three more completions it still changes nothing in the game. They basically said we aren't going to motion, we aren't going to protect the kid at QB and we are going to run a bunch of stop routes. Mobile QBs should have plays called where the WR keeps moving. They should have called designed runs. They damn sure should have had more than 5 people blocking but on 13 of his 20 pass attempts there was no blocking TE and no running back to help chip or block. They let the line get torn up and made no changes. There is 0 reason why anyone would think Jason Peters at 39 is blocking Myles G. After sack 2 he should be getting doubled. Or sack 3? Maybe 4? Dude got to 4.5 sacks without getting double teamed once. 

It was an embarrassment and they don't even do stuff like this with Andy Dalton. Dalton regularly gets a 6th blocker. It felt like Nagy just assumed that Fields speed was going to get him away from every defender. There are 0 QBs in the NFL right now that would have had success with the offensive gameplay and adjustments that were made yesterday. This is worse than the stuff that Gase would do. Nagy should be fired.

Look at Darnold perform with decent coaches and good talent around him. 

It really seemed like sabotage and that’s not hyperbole. Like ownership or the GM wanted Fields and Nagy didn’t and he wanted to put him in this spot to somehow prove a point or some poo. It makes absolutely no sense what Nagy did. It was disgraceful. If I’m the bears ownership he doesn’t get a second chance. He’s done and I’m sitting fields for the rest of the season and starting my coaching search to find who can get the best out of this insanely talented qb that we traded up to get.