• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

just to flesh out an earlier point I made in this thread (lost in the insane activity of posts in here, wheee)

calling this a great trade or great asset management is not the same thing as saying it's 100% going to work out in the Panthers favor.

Henderson could not work out and this is still a great trade because the process and decision-making around the trade is sound. it's the kind of decision-making that perennially great teams make, and I'm totally here for it.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

The more I think about it, maybe this move to get CJ was a preventative move against out competition as well. 

With Horn's injury we definitely needed to add more depth to the position. But also note that Tampa Bay was window shopping for cornerbacks as well, they actually reached out to Richard Sherman before the Panthers did.

So maybe this was a move to take a piece off the board before the Buccaneers who have a suspect DB backfield. 

Edited by Pantherxtreme
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Arnold just hasn't been the type of receiving threat we anticipated him being and he's a a blocking liability. Thomas looks serviceable and Tremble may be ready to take on the starting role.

Yeah Arnold didn’t look fast and seemed really easy to tackle through 3 games.

On the other hand Tremble looks really athletic and seems to have good hands so we might as well give him more reps to speed his development 

• Pie 1

Just now, shaqattaq said:

Definitely won't make up for zero 2nd and 3rd round picks, but can make a late 4th an early 4th.  

I suspect ole Fitts will do everything in his power to get one, if not both, back.  The 2022 draft was going to FINALLY be the one where we focused on the OL, legitimately, not counting day 3 project picks.  I was hoping for a starting LT and C out of our 1st and 3rd rounds (obviously no 2nd rounder).  Yes, starting centers can be had in the 3rd round, but once you get to day 3 though, it's slim pickings.