• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

15 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Definitely won't make up for zero 2nd and 3rd round picks, but can make a late 4th an early 4th.  

Who could we possibly draft in the 2nd round better than what Sam Darnold has been?

Who could we draft in the 3rd round that fits the athletic profile and potential of CJ Henderson?

The answer to both is no one...

Enjoy what we're building here... we finally have people who know what they're doing

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I'm always wary of a team moving on from a top 10 pick so quickly. Is this guy an outright bust and they just wanted to get something for him while they still could?

I'm a human being so I never watch Jacksonville games, have no idea if this guy is any good or not. If he does end up being a legit CB1 then this is a great move.

He didn’t want to play in Jacksonville and was fairly open about that on social media. Jax fans called him a head case but a couple interjected that none of their talented players want to stay there because management is so bad. He took some personal days at camp that raised eyebrows and questions about if he wanted to play there.

him and jaycee are similar prospects and I’m pretty sure rhule wanted to trade back for him last year until Hurney went with brown. Super talented player who has flashed and is young. There is a risk but I like the move for only a 3rd and Arnold. It was a good move imo.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I'm always wary of a team moving on from a top 10 pick so quickly. Is this guy an outright bust and they just wanted to get something for him while they still could?

I'm a human being so I never watch Jacksonville games, have no idea if this guy is any good or not. If he does end up being a legit CB1 then this is a great move.

With a rebuilding team having a rookie coach, you kind of have to build a team based off the kind of talent you want first (example: Matt Rhule wanted fast and physical players with high RAS scores). Next you look for who fits the culture you're building. Does he fit the mold? For them it was no, for us it was yes.

19 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Josh Klein
@joshkleinrules
·
35m
And I don't think this move would preclude the Panthers from trying to re-sign Donte, but Jackson may want to go elsewhere since presumably both Horn and Henderson would be ahead of him on the depth chart next season.

The amount of rookie deals makes it so they COULD, though.

DJ can play the slot though

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

He didn’t want to play in Jacksonville and was fairly open about that on social media. Jax fans called him a head case but a couple interjected that none of their talented players want to stay there because management is so bad. He took some personal days at camp that raised eyebrows and questions about if he wanted to play there.

him and jaycee are similar prospects and I’m pretty sure rhule wanted to trade back for him last year until Hurney went with brown. Super talented player who has flashed and is young. There is a risk but I like the move for only a 3rd and Arnold. It was a good move imo.

My body is so ready

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

First round pick good?

***disclaimer I have heard the name before but never watched him

Yes, he's like the best C PFF has ever graded and they're gonna be all over him as a first rounder. He's an elite athlete and bigger than Ryan Kalil. So some team is drafting him in like the 20s bc GMs like David Gettleman always fall in love with IOL

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

DJ can play everywhere

He's a bona-fide X receiver

All three can which is crazy. You can literally just pick which cb matches up better on what receiver. We’re playing man straight up. When we drafted jaycee I thought it would still take us a year or two to get to this. But this was the direction we obviously wanted to go.

• Pie 1