• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Also DJack looks much better this year on the outside, the kid Horn can follow guys into the slot like Marlin Humphrey in Balt or Charles Woodson used to do and shut poo down when he gets healthy lololol

Fitt is the goat man

Jackson isn't being re-signed.  It just ain't happening.  Love him and I'm so happy to see him maximize his skill-set this year like I always knew he could, but it just doesn't make sense for this team to re-sign him at the $$ he'll be worth.  And schematically, I don't think you are getting the best out of any of our 3 corners (Horn, Jackson, Henderson) if you put them at nickel.

I'd much rather us use that money on the OL.  We also need to extend Moore and Reddick.  

• Pie 1

Just now, SetfreexX said:

We have 5 years of Horn (assuming we pick up the 5th yr), and we have 3 years of Henderson, now peep this, we only have to pay his base salary for 22, 23, and 24, in 25 he's eligible for a 5th year option. 

JAX is accountable for his guaranteed salary until that 5th year, so we have the money to extend Jackson, and have it end around this time and decide who to keep then. 

obviously the cap is a myth and all but if henderson balls out, it's very difficult to prioritize donte over burns, dj, or poo, even reddick now. 

• Beer 1

Just now, SetfreexX said:

We have 5 years of Horn (assuming we pick up the 5th yr), and we have 3 years of Henderson, now peep this, we only have to pay his base salary for 22, 23, and 24, in 25 he's eligible for a 5th year option. 

JAX is accountable for his guaranteed salary until that 5th year, so we have the money to extend Jackson, and have it end around this time and decide who to keep then. 

We just have too many other things that will need our $ though.  I know we can afford to keep Jackson but the question is does it make a lot of sense to do so?  Reddick and Moore definitely deserve to get paid and need to.  Brian Burns is likely going to need an extension soon.  We need to upgrade the OL.  I just feel like in terms of importance, Donte Jackson will be a little ways down the list.  Maybe if we could afford him at the going rate for #2 CBs but Jackson will get #1 CB money.  

• Pie 1

It's being reported on NFL.com so I think it's a done deal.  Which is a great move for Carolina.   CB are pretty much plug-and-play guys so he should fit into Snow's system pretty much immediately.

Here's the guy's draft profile for those unfamiliar with him.  Henderson is the bomb !

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/c.j.-henderson/32004845-4e05-3672-fd87-85ca08961509

I am mixed on this trade...I really like how Arnold was turning into a chain mover and Tight End is a significant part of Brady's scheme. Also, Henderson certainly fits a need but I am skeptical about his performance to date in the NFL. He is often injured, seems to have some struggles mentally and was average at best last year and was not even one of the top 5 CB's from the 2020 draft class (performance wise) . From PFF..."As for Henderson, Jacksonville is already giving up on him after just one NFL season. He finished the 2020 campaign with a 58.3 coverage grade on 270 coverage snaps, the seventh-best mark among the 2020 cornerback class".

With all that said, he has to have potential or he would not have been drafted in the first round so hopefully we can get him turned around. 

Just now, Mage said:

We just have too many other things that will need our $ though.  I know we can afford to keep Jackson but the question is does it make a lot of sense to do so?  Reddick and Moore definitely deserve to get paid and need to.  Brian Burns is likely going to need an extension soon.  We need to upgrade the OL.  I just feel like in terms of importance, Donte Jackson will be a little ways down the list.  Maybe if we could afford him at the going rate for #2 CBs but Jackson will get #1 CB money.  

I love DJax but this seals his fate, assuming Henderson plays well.  I just don't think we can prioritize paying him the money he deserves.

OL really needs to be a priority we spend big on too.

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Jackson isn't being re-signed.  It just ain't happening.  Love him and I'm so happy to see him maximize his skill-set this year like I always knew he could, but it just doesn't make sense for this team to re-sign him at the $$ he'll be worth.  And schematically, I don't think you are getting the best out of any of our 3 corners (Horn, Jackson, Henderson) if you put them at nickel.

I'd much rather us use that money on the OL.  We also need to extend Moore and Reddick.  

He's got better but he's still not as good as he seems to think he is. It's a little bit too much of a coincidence for me that he got better as soon as we got a defensive line full of killers.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Ugh....

We're still prepping BC and Brown, lets see how they do. 

Fitt will have more time to prepare for line acquisitions next year.   Last year we sucked so no one wanted to come here,  Fitt had just been hired and good OL get snatched up fast while some of those deals are a long time in the making.    

Darnold took too long to throw on Thursday, and the line looked bad.  I'm expecting that they are spending a ton of time addressing that.  Fortunately, the Cowboys DL is not elite either.  I'm hoping for a better showing.