• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

Just now, BrianS said:

Jacksonville just doesn't have a clue man.  Think about it.

Jalen Ramsey - traded to the Rams

AJ Bouye - traded to Denver

CJ Henderson - traded to Carolina

That franchise is a mess.  You don't trade away that kind of talent.

Common denominator is none of them wanted to play in Jax

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I get it and if it works out then great.  You guys are making Henderson out to be Revis or something.  Dude is HARDLY a known/certain commodity.  If so we would be giving up a lot more than a 3rd.  This a calculated risk for sure.  Henderson, while a first round pick, has not looked worthy of the #9 overall selection.

Everyone is getting caught up on his draft status and not what he's done since his draft day.

Take his draft status out of it and this is what everyone is so jacked up over:

image.png.c14eb4bb94d07b8f7160a35e87bcd496.png

You also got to take into account the talent he was playing around though.

46 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

He'll see more action on 3rd now that Arnold is gone.  Last year showed there's more to Robbie.  In fact I think Robbies presence help make this trade possible, knowing there are other sure hands besides DJ.

Arnold and CMC were both good on 3rd downs, Someone will need to step up. FWIW, Marshall has been improving steadily, and Tremble finally came to life last week in a big way.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

He basically had one good game as a pro and then disappeared it looks like.  This is a decent gamble, although honestly pretty minor for a 3rd.

I kinda would have preferred spending some cash on Sherman but hard to argue CJs potential.

You would rather have a 33 year old Richard Sherman than the 9th pick in last years draft?  Most CBs notoriously take a while to develop, and scheme is a massive issue.  He seems to be a much better man CB than zone.  Which happens to be exactly what we run here. 

• Pie 1

Poo like this is why I'm not bitter about Irving and Elfflien. They just trusted their ability to draft and coach up talent bc they've been able to do both exceptionally the last two season. And I think we all immediately saw Brady as the replacement at LG at least by the bye week the second we drafted that guy. Big boy coaching staff

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

2 of them are now on the Panthers...time to trade for Jalen Ramsey, too? 😅

At this rate we may end up with Sunshine in a couple of years. Might want to keep an eye on these young players being thrown to the wolves around the league.  Rhule and Fitterererrr's not afraid to try out reclamation projects. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

You would rather have a 33 year old Richard Sherman than the 9th pick in last years draft?  Most CBs notoriously take a while to develop, and scheme is a massive issue.  He seems to be a much better man CB than zone.  Which happens to be exactly what we run here. 

CBs do usually take time to develop, which is where a veteran is helpful for a team that is honestly competing now.   But I also trust the coaches to coach young guys up.

This is a gamble that could solidify the defensive backfield for half a decade, and it's a gamble with relatively little risk.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

even if it doesn't quite pan out and CJ Henderson tops out as an average type CB, this is the kind of trade that can build a defense that can withstand losses to injury and whatnot.

took advantage of a team in a tough spot with their young player, and got a cornerback who has started every game he's played in two years, with supreme physical traits, and to do that cashed in a bit of draft pick capital, and a player at a position of surplus coming out of camp.

that's very very solid asset management.

Edited by vorbis
  • Pie 5

5 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Arnold and CMC were both good on 3rd downs, Someone will need to step up. FWIW, Marshall has been improving steadily, and Tremble finally came to life last week in a big way.

Chubba has dropped too many.  Hope he's carrying around the jug machine with him everywhere he goes.

I think we are going to see an offense like we saw last year without CMC since Davis wasn't the best receiver either.

• Pie 1