• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

Just now, thefuzz said:

If he is an average corner, it's a good trade.

If he allows our defense to not fall apart because of losing Horn, it's a great trade.

If he lives up to his ability, it's a fantastic trade.

Horn allowed us to play differently...hope he can just come close to that.

I agree with all that tbh. I just think the likelihood of him being just average is very very small. I think he's either going to live up to the tools he has... Or fall flat.

Hopefully he also can find his footing here.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Someone referenced tweets re:suicide and a coaches visit to his home.  

Hopefully just fan nonsense rumors.

But his lack of production stems from something.

I will empathize with the fact he was stuck on a team that was intentionally tanking last year, that sucks. However, I can't align with anything outside of that. Jacksonville is one of those franchises that just cant keep talent, and that bodes well for us.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=35112

In this thread there is someone stating that most were rumors on twitter, but the big thing about the kid is that he just gave up last year adn didnt look committed. That can be coached out of someone with the right supporters in their circles. 

Edited by TheCasillas

1 hour ago, LordOfDaWingz said:

Love Arnold but get CJ and solidify the defense for years to come. He and Jaycee would be such a dynamic duo for years to come. We are an offensive line and running back away from being real contenders.

"CJ and Jaycee"  has a better ring to it than "Darnold to Arnold" anyway!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Remember we need a franchise LT AND CENTER, that's unless you think we should extend Paradis? 🥴

Trust me I havent forgotten about paradis.  Again I like this trade but we are really pigeon holing ourselves in regards to the 2022 draft.  We need line starters and depth and in a perfect world we would have spent our first 3 picks on that.  But I guess not now.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I will empathize with the fact he was stuck on a team that was intentionally tanking last year, that sucks. However, I can't align with anything outside of that. Jacksonville is one of those franchises that just cant keep talent, and that bodes well for us.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=35112

In this thread there is someone stating that most were rumors on twitter, but the big thing about the kid is that he just gave up last year adn didnt look committed. That can be coached out of someone with the right supporters in their circles. 

Looking over that thread it's clear a lot of fans still liked the guy.  Hopefully whatever is going on is something our org can/help him overcome so he can hit his sky high potential.

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Looking over that thread it's clear a lot of fans still liked the guy.  Hopefully whatever is going on is something our org can/help him overcome so he can hit his sky high potential.

I found the source of the depression narrative. Could be true, but right now it's all speculation. Apparently its based off of twitter follows and likes. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comments/p0rupg/overreacting_to_cj_henderson/

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I love this trade but I gotta admit this was my initial thought as well when I heard the terms of the trade.  Godalmighty its imperative that we get a franchise LT in the first this year and then pray some interior guys drop in this draft

We will be in good shape with cap money wise....may have to shake a few trees and make something happen.

And if you think about it Jackson hasn't been all that healthy in the past. We have great depth now at CB and we don't have to use Corn. This gives us the best CB duo since Gamble and Lucas once Horn returns. I'm thrilled. Although the naming duos of Corn and Horn, Arnold and Darnold, it was shaping up to be pretty funny.

Edited by pantherj

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:
1 hour ago, CanePantherHornet said:

The fans are saying he didn't want to be there from day 1 and has "mental issues".

How many people "want" to be in Jacksonville? 

The only ones that do are clearly the ones with "mental issues". 

Edit: other that players on the Jets.