• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

2 hours ago, vorbis said:

damn. CJ Henderson is a big-time acquisition, for it to be an in-season trade. you just have to know that Fitterer/Rhule loved him coming out. hard not to speculate what this could potentially mean for Donte Jackson.

If he is a first round pick we control him potentially for another few years right for cheap right? I don’t think it means anything for Jackson. It means this team believes they are as good as their 3-0 record suggests and they don’t want a potentially solid season to go to poo over the loss of a(n) (albeit spectacular) rookie corner. 

That’s good because in the past Hurney and Rivera would have scraped the bottom of the bin to go get some “lunch pail” jagoff guy. 

This is good. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I found the source of the depression narrative. Could be true, but right now it's all speculation. Apparently its based off of twitter follows and likes. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comments/p0rupg/overreacting_to_cj_henderson/

It could be as simple as his lifelong dream of playing in the NFL ended up with him in Jax. The Jags have been a poo show. The ownership has been terrible. The GM not much better. They're playing at least 1 game, maybe 2 in London. They could possibly end up being moved. Enter Urban Meyer and his way of coaching which seems to be rubbing more than a few people the wrong way. Yeah he's getting paid, but a bad work environment can cause a lot of problems. That doesn't seem like an good landing spot. 

1 minute ago, Captain Morgan said:
Pending a physical, the Panthers are hopeful that C.J. Henderson will play this week at Dallas. No major concern with groin injury.

Yeah, situational or manned up on the slot.  I don't see him as a plug and play guy for the game versus Dallas.  In two weeks?  Possibly.

36 minutes ago, joemac said:

You would rather have a 33 year old Richard Sherman than the 9th pick in last years draft?  Most CBs notoriously take a while to develop, and scheme is a massive issue.  He seems to be a much better man CB than zone.  Which happens to be exactly what we run here. 

Someone dependable imo. I’m not that excited for someone that has hardly played, and didn’t look that great when he did play. I think y’all overreacting just a little bit. Hell I would still bring Sherman in!

36 minutes ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

Anything that gets one over the Saints is an automatic win for me. Fug Sean Payton, fug Micky Loomis, and fug the entire Saints organization. 

Beat them to the punch with TMJ in in draft

Beat the ever loving poo out of them on the field

and now we beat them to the punch with Henderson. 

I agree on most but they got Roby which was a huge pickup.

2 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Josh Klein
@joshkleinrules
·
10s
Panthers are confident that CJ Henderson will be able to play this Sunday vs. Dallas after missing Week 3 with a groin injury. 

Obviously, this is pending a physical.

Pretty obvious this "groin injury" was a way for Henderson to expedite the situation.  "Sorry coach, groin still hurts, cant play this week"

• Pie 4

For those concerned about this trade:

"It's a risk to take him."  No more of a risk than any 3rd round draft pick we would've gotten.

"We needed the pick for O-line."  If we go into next year's draft thinking "we've got to pick O-line," we're screwed before we start.  We go into the draft seeking best available player.  If it happens to fix a hole, awesome.  But never reach just to fill a hole.  Fill it thru FA.  There's no question that getting a #9 overall pick for a 3rd round pick is BPA.

• Pie 7

22 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I found the source of the depression narrative. Could be true, but right now it's all speculation. Apparently its based off of twitter follows and likes. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comments/p0rupg/overreacting_to_cj_henderson/

Seems an overreaction if it's based on likes... And even if there's something there... I think he can get any help he might need.  I think he can be productive if he's in a better place.

Really early to give up on a 1st round Choice.  I think he fell out of favor with Meyer.