• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He will get Arnold back next year when he is coaching the Jags

I could actually totally see this happening LOL.  Either that, or they try to pry Dabo away from Clemson.  Although IDK if that fanbase can stomach another college coach with no NFL experience.  Most of them are not Matt Rhule. 

Darnold looks exactly like that guy at usc, turns the ball over more than you'd like but is accurate and good outside of structure. Needs to be protected. 

He's competent at minimum and competent players always ball out in contract year. The Bucs are gonna start to decline shortly. This is the year for the bandwagon to fill up for sure bc next year we'll have a bunch of young elite players with experience on both sides of the ball. DJ Moore and Sam being a legit stack is just getting started man. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Captain Morgan said:

Josh Klein
@joshkleinrules
·
35m
And I don't think this move would preclude the Panthers from trying to re-sign Donte, but Jackson may want to go elsewhere since presumably both Horn and Henderson would be ahead of him on the depth chart next season.

The amount of rookie deals makes it so they COULD, though.

This is true but imagine Horn in the Charles Woodson role, tracking WR, playing in the slot, wrecking everything while the two corners on the outside hold up. Donte covers fast guys, CJ big ones. We need to keep Donte him for 3 years to try this out, especially in this division

• Pie 2

I'm always wary of a team moving on from a top 10 pick so quickly. Is this guy an outright bust and they just wanted to get something for him while they still could?

I'm a human being so I never watch Jacksonville games, have no idea if this guy is any good or not. If he does end up being a legit CB1 then this is a great move.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the staff and FO priority is tracking pretty similar to Seattle. They want to build a dominant defense and then enough offensive juice to get by.

It worked out pretty well out there, so I am in.

I can get with that, but for the way they've generally been about acquiring O-lineman, and even more the LT.

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Yes he is, and yes we can. I obviously like Shaq, but that was a bad contract regardless. 

how is it a bad contract? He is the 17th highest paid linebacker and heading into next years his contract only gets cheaper with the salary cap hike.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

I could actually totally see this happening LOL.  Either that, or they try to pry Dabo away from Clemson.  Although IDK if that fanbase can stomach another college coach with no NFL experience.  Most of them are not Matt Rhule. 

No way I'd leave Clemson for the Jags! Clemson has a better team, more money, and a much larger fan base.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Reddick can get three years fair market for a premium pass rusher bc he's 27 and can cash in AGAIN when he's 30. 

Donte is younger and will get a three year deal on an elite defense to show he's a premier outside corner. PANTHERS actually have the leverage with him. He's gonna want to stay and prove he's like that when we can win, then cash in down the road. This poo is setting up perfectly. 

The Bucs have three elite WR. 

Saints and Falcons have a number one

We need to keep Donte Jackson around and hope both he and CJ are coached up into good players. That would give the Panthers an absolute edge over the entire league. And they can afford it bc the salary cap is going up and we have Hella rookie deals. DJ and Spider Burns are franchise players who should be prioritized bc OBVIOUSLY (they're both cool as hell, marketable, and elite so jersey sales). Sam is a talented player in contract year next year. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Pie 4