• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

17 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

So now I understand the trade.

I don't know this guy. If we have a strong secondary for years then great. I'm just seeing draft picks dwindle or lessen.

Hopefully though, we'll have a LOT FEWER holes on our roster.  I mean 11 picks this past year, of whom 4 or 5 are already playing and showing great potential, plus 4 or 5 or guys from 2020 class... 

Obviously Fitterer really values draft picks.  I'm sure he'll do all he can to maximize our 6 picks next year and increase that number.

Edited by KB_fan
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

A top 10 pick. Let’s not act like he’s actually done anything on the field that is worthy of a top 10 pick yet and let’s be honest that he’s got some red flags. Urban wasn’t there last year when he was about as excited to be a top 10 pick as he would be at a funeral. He was a fast riser too, so it’s not like he was an early top 10 guy so you’d think he’d be excited to go 9th.

I like the trade with Horn out and Bouye not having a solid season in a few years, but he is a risky player. Seems like Arnold is replaceable and it’s like we are dropping a bit more than a round with the pick so not a huge risk. If he works out, it’s a steal. If he’s wishy washy about playing here and the red flags Come true then it won’t be a steal.

Everything you said is true, which is why he was able to be had for a journeyman TE and a 3rd round pick. It's called taking a risk on day 1 talent. Same thing with Darnold, and you see how he looks so far. Even if this fails, it was STILL 100% worth the risk because you would only lose a 3rd round pick. These are the types of moves that elevate teams to the next level.

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

So now I understand the trade.

I don't know this guy. If we have a strong secondary for years then great. I'm just seeing draft picks dwindle or lessen.

It's annoying to not have the draft picks, yes, but when you look at what they were used for and the value it is absolutely 100% worth it. 

2nd rounder for Sam who is absolutely balling and has been well worth that and more so far as a solid starting QB.

3rd rounder for a recent top 10 pick at a huge position of need, and a guy we were targeting in the first round last year and who fits Snow's scheme perfectly. 

We're not getting better players than that in the draft anyways. And really that 3rd rounder is more of a trade down a little over 1 round, as it's a mid/late 3rd rounder for an early 5th rounder.

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m confused as to why the Jags wanted to move on from him so soon?

I am sure the Jags would say he has been a massive disappointment when he is on the field and he has not been able to get on the field enough. He was a top ten pick that has been mediocre in coverage but he should be able to fill the gap until Horn returns

Just now, suntick2021 said:

I am sure the Jags would say he has been a massive disappointment when he is on the field and he has not been able to get on the field enough. He was a top ten pick that has been mediocre in coverage but he should be able to fill the gap until Horn returns

A top 10 pick with only 1 year of experience. It just blows my mind how quickly they gave up on him. He really hasn’t been that bad when he played. They could have signed Arnold this past offseason if he is what attracted them. If they can’t develop players our 3rd round pick will be useless to them…

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m confused as to why the Jags wanted to move on from him so soon?

There's a lot of background to it, but basically it just sounds like he didn't want to be in Jacksonville in the first place and things only got worse when Meyer took over.

Meyer and the Jags had been shopping him for months.

• Pie 2