• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

Finessererereerrrerer is really in on every deal...that was not a lie. More than enough in the risk reward value, 9th overall CB one year later for a Dan Arnold&3rd?? plus you get a 5th in return? AND it gut punches the Iants again for the 10th time, fug you resting smug face bounty using pill poping turd!

FYI Dan Arnold is NOT a TE. If hes a TE so is Brandon Zylstra, whom is a better blocker btw. Dan is an 3th string slot WR. 

Im a sucker for adding talent, CJ henderson is a big time talent for 1/20 of the cost/value. Hope he is ready to work.....

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 3

38 minutes ago, Varking said:

What number will he he get? I’m a huge Gator homer and might need to snag this jersey. 

Do you have anything to add about CJ?? Stories, scouts, draft, etc etc.

I say let him have #1 if he wants it. I think Cam wore that at the gators as well, but he has become a afterthought now....

7 hours ago, joemac said:

You need 3 starting CBs in the NFL today.  And if we keep Donte next year we will have just that in Jackson, Horn and Henderson. 

If we keep Donte, that would leave us with:

Jaycee Horn

CJ Henderson

Donte Jackson 

AJ Bouye 

Myles Hartsfield(Dont forget about him, especially if he continues to develop as he has thus far) ...

In behind them maybe Keith Taylor, Stanley Thomas Oliver, and Troy Pride Jr 

Not to mention Rashaan Melvin. 

That's a tough group. 

7 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

We didn't even use TE last year. Now we have Tremble and Ian VS whoever & Ian last year...I'm not sure why ppl act like we are the 2010 Patriots with Gronk & Hernandez. If anything, that is going to help utilize Robby a little more. 

On the other hand, we never had this much talent at CB, which is arguably the most important position on defense. THIS IS HUGE!

Yeah well we were also 28th in redzone scoring percentage last year and won 5 games. We are currently 22nd and we could use some improvement there no doubt. All of that can be helped by better oline play so let's hope there is a plan.

re: plans with #26 going forward

guys I don't think Donte Jackson is a "just throw him in the slot and he'll be great" guy. he's super fast but he's not an agile, two-way twitchiness type of player.

he's a premium, explosive athlete but you have to be able to handle the shake and bake in the slot. that's just not his game. if you want the best version of Donte Jackson, you're probably going to be playing him on the boundary.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

That's not what you need to be thinking about at all. You need to be on the Huddle Fantasy waiver wire wondering why you're  GM'ing like Hurney out there. Your team stinks! Just jokes man. Couldn't help myself.😜

I’ve got a target lined up for waivers 

Reasons this trade is good:

1. Gives us a new starting corner with elite measurables at a dirt cheap salary.

2. Opens up more playing time for Tommy Tremble, who has way more upside than Dan Arnold.

3. Cost us only a modest drop in draft position (probably 45 spots or so in the middle of the draft where value is muddled)

4. Gives us insurance for next year if Donte Jackson wants a fortune. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Do you have anything to add about CJ?? Stories, scouts, draft, etc etc.

I say let him have #1 if he wants it. I think Cam wore that at the gators as well, but he has become a afterthought now....

He’s a stud and getting out of Florida will help him mature. 

• Beer 1