Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!


joemac
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Basbear said:

1632420733050.gif.90ccb9c9562bf6b4bde0dab4eec3d4df.gif

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

@Varking I read somewhere in the mountain of stuff, paraphrasing here....... After the CJs freshman year the current DC said "CJ is the best cornerback he’s ever coached at the college level"

found it- https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/todd-grantham-heaps-incredible-praise-on-florida-db-cj-henderson/

 

Hes been around great programs and coached some good ones. 

Florida has produced many NFL secondary players. CJ has the chance to be among the very best we have ever produced. I think most people who hear the whispers from school forums and such knew before the draft that him going to Tampa, Jacksonville or Miami would be cause for concern. I would have been happy for him to go anywhere in a trade this season outside of the state. I am ecstatic that we got him. Give him a few weeks to adjust and I think we got a steal in a trade. I hope Arnold plays well and we can continue to use Jacksonville as a trading partner going forward. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Florida has produced many NFL secondary players. CJ has the chance to be among the very best we have ever produced. I think most people who hear the whispers from school forums and such knew before the draft that him going to Tampa, Jacksonville or Miami would be cause for concern. I would have been happy for him to go anywhere in a trade this season outside of the state. I am ecstatic that we got him. Give him a few weeks to adjust and I think we got a steal in a trade. I hope Arnold plays well and we can continue to use Jacksonville as a trading partner going forward. 

Im different as I think you know, my viewpoint is long-term with this. I am not expecting him to be active for the next few weeks and even so once hes ready, not expecting top ten performance on the field this year. Just a unreal value to take a shot on him, its shocking Roger didnt veto this.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im different as I think you know, my viewpoint is long-term with this. I am not expecting him to be active for the next few weeks and even so once hes ready, not expecting top ten performance on the field this year. Just a unreal value to take a shot on him, its shocking Roger didnt veto this.....

Oh I agree its more of a long term move but I believe he will be on the field sooner for us than later. He will have some growing pains as he adjusts to a new scheme and new responsibilities but he will show he can play at this level. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im different as I think you know, my viewpoint is long-term with this. I am not expecting him to be active for the next few weeks and even so once hes ready, not expecting top ten performance on the field this year. Just a unreal value to take a shot on him, its shocking Roger didnt veto this.....

Why are you expecting him to be inactive for the next few weeks?

Henderson gave up one catch against Houston to Cooks. Great ball. And had a missed tackle on a screen pass to his man. We’ll find out VERY quickly how much this entire situation was on Jax or CJ. Rhule expects his corners to be able to tackle (see Donte). I’ve seen CJ make solid tackles before and it wasn’t a concern of mine during the draft last year. I totally understand when the game isn’t close and a players says “f that”. Could be the case with him in Jax. But we’ll find out quick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Why are you expecting him to be inactive for the next few weeks?

Henderson gave up one catch against Houston to Cooks. Great ball. And had a missed tackle on a screen pass to his man. We’ll find out VERY quickly how much this entire situation was on Jax or CJ. Rhule expects his corners to be able to tackle (see Donte). I’ve seen CJ make solid tackles before and it wasn’t a concern of mine during the draft last year. I totally understand when the game isn’t close and a players says “f that”. Could be the case with him in Jax. But we’ll find out quick.

Just him adjusting, not knowing were he is physically&mentally, and low 2021 expectations since he was not in panthers OTAs, camps, TC, meetings, etc etc. He got to learn a new language as well along with ridding all the parasites.

Ill be happy if he is active and plays well, but knowing what I do..... I see him being inactive 2-3 weeks or more if hes out of shape, which is a real possibility.

Panthers have 6 CBs on the roster, which is waaaay high. I believe they are bringing him along at his pace, which Im guessing is slower than fans realize..... we will see, you can bump this and tell me Im a idiot if hes active this week. 

Edited by Basbear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Just him adjusting, not knowing were he is physically&mentally, and low 2021 expectations since he was not in panthers OTAs, camps, TC, meetings, etc etc. He got to learn a new language as well along with ridding all the parasites.

Ill be happy if he is active and plays well, but knowing what I do..... I see him being inactive 2-3 weeks or more if hes out of shape, which is a real possibility.

Panthers have 6 CBs on the roster, which is waaaay high. I believe they are bringing him along at his pace, which Im guessing is slower than fans realize..... we will see, you can bump this and tell me Im a idiot if hes active this week. 

I just don’t understand the physically out of shape part?

He played preseason and the first 2 weeks before sitting out Sunday 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Rasul Douglas played a week after we got him off waivers. Zero reason Henderson can't go. 

CB is also extremely easy scheme wise. There are only so many things you can do as a CB. Man, cover 2, cover 3, cover 4, blitz then various techniques(leverage, press, off, etc) on top of that. There are a lot of different defensive schemes but a CBs individual role is pretty limited as far as quantity of things to do. They aren’t really ever used in disguises or anything. It can be made to work for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I just don’t understand the physically out of shape part?

He played preseason and the first 2 weeks before sitting out Sunday 

He spent 8 full days MIA during training camp, to the point where Urdoofus had to vist him at his home and beg him to report. Had other injuries and rehab form last season. The big reason is did not want to play jax ball, so that may mean he did not workout like he needed too. I know the staff for some odd reason put a bike near the goal post, all by its lonesome....and made him ride it there in front of the whole team. I dont have all the facts, but willing to bet he missing/didnt care about lifting or cardio. Injuries, rehab, and missing lifts/cardio(my guess) adds up to not NFL week 4 shape. 

But if injuries hit again, it may force them to active him. Which bring me to the next quote

31 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Rasul Douglas played a week after we got him off waivers. Zero reason Henderson can't go. 

Panthers did not have a choice. This year they do; 6 CBs currently on the roster, most game days only 4 are active. CJ is brand new and may not be in game shape. They do not have to play him, given the other 5 CBs. Zero reason is completely wrong, you or I have no idea his level of cardio or his current mental lay-out form learning a whole new D/language. moving/family/injury/kids etc. Plenty suggest hes going to miss this game, maybe more. But you people can go ahead and pencil(for sure use this) him in the line-up, I know better.

Irsamrt 

Edited by Basbear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forgot to add- convid rules. I think all new players have to wait 3 days and have 2 negative tests to join team actives(5 for nonvac, but no one thats nonvacc is getting calls). Someone needs to double check this, cause _____

 

So depending on how/what/where - Monday was trade day. Its either Wednesday/Thursday before he can join the meetings/lift/practice. I know were my chips are......care to place yours? mel gibson poker GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...