• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Arnold to Jax for CJ Henderson?

therealmjl

Not sure what to think of this.  I suppose we can afford to lose Arnold if another one of our 5 TE's can take his production, which isn't much.  Losing a 3rd though, I feel like we won't have much of a draft this year.  I guess we're pretty much guaranteed to be trading down our first this year.

I don't know enough about the CB to say if it's worth it or not.

3 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Not sure what to think of this.  I suppose we can afford to lose Arnold if another one of our 5 TE's can take his production, which isn't much.  Losing a 3rd though, I feel like we won't have much of a draft this year.  I guess we're pretty much guaranteed to be trading down our first this year.

I don't know enough about the CB to say if it's worth it or not.

He was a top 10 CB last year. CB value in the league is really high. to get him for a 3rd and Dan can prove to be a steal. 

Draft picks are good, but you use them to draft young players who can contribute. losing a 3rd round for someone who was drafted in the top 10 last year, is tremendous.

I have faith in the coaching stuff to develop him. 

• Flames 1

Arnold has 11 targets with 7 receptions for 84 yards and 0 TD’s. He is not a favorite target. Yes Tremble and Thomas have less targets but that will change significantly soon. Robby will get fed the ball more soon. Shi Smith will be back soon. Zylstra has not looked half bad at all. Arnold will be an after thought once we realize later this year and going forward we have 2 very young talents at DB. Like do any of y’all realize in theory what just happened.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, TheoJay10 said:

Arnold has 11 targets with 7 receptions for 84 yards and 0 TD’s. He is not a favorite target. Yes Tremble and Thomas have less targets but that will change significantly soon. Robby will get fed the ball more soon. Shi Smith will be back soon. Zylstra has not looked half bad at all. Arnold will be an after thought once we realize later this year and going forward we have 2 very young talents at DB. Like do any of y’all realize in theory what just happened.

With CMC out, other people are bound to get more targets. TE targets should go up significantly. I hate to lose Arnold after seeing him make some good plays, but our defense was FREAKIN elite. If we have to change the whole scheme we are fuggggggged. I like the trade. Smart IMO.

“There was word this summer about the Saints showing interest in a deal for Henderson, but nothing came of those discussions. Things went further with the Panthers and Henderson is now set to move to the NFC South for the rest of his second NFL season.“

We got Horn when the Saints were trying to trade up for him, and got CJ who they were attempting to trade for this offseason as well. Word was that the Jags wouldn’t take less than a 2nd round pick at the time. We get him for Dan Arnold, a third round pick, and we get CJ and a 5th 😁

• Pie 1

Tells me the Panthers think they have a chance at the playoffs and if he is as good as advertised then no need to draft another 

as for Dan Arnold, meh. he hasn’t lit the world on fire here and that’s unfortunate 

The Panthers oline needs serious upgrades. Maybe they feel with cap freedom next year they can hire instead of draft 

Edited by raleigh-panther