• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy Breakdowns - Panthers vs. Texans

KB_fan

I think it was Baldy's enthusiasm about our rookies that most grabbed my attention.  Sucks that Jaycee suffered a freak injury.  But love to see how TMJ, Tremble and Hubbard all stepped up when CMC went out. Yes, there will be rookie mistakes.  But playing these guys now in live game reps versus the opponents starters.  Invaluable for their development and bodes so well for the future of the team.  When you know much more precisely what you have in one rookie class, makes it so much easier to scout and draft the next one.  You're not just guessing and hoping that so and so can become a good player based on practice reps.  You already have evidence pro or con on the field.

Makes it more important to my way of thinking that Brady C and Deonte Brown get some playing time.  (But that's a lot harder to do with O line where you don't just sub in / sub out guys as you can do with skill players).

Edited by KB_fan
  • Pie 1

19 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Makes it more important to my way of thinking that Brady C and Deonte Brown get some playing time.  (But that's a lot harder to do with O line where you don't just sub in / sub out guys as you can do with skill players).

This is a really big concern for me right now. I'd like to know better that we spent our picks wisely on these guys and aren't just following our history of not being able to draft good linemen.

• Pie 1

Seeing those turnovers by Sam makes me antsy and good on Paradis for making two big-time fumble recoveries there.

I said it before and I'll say it again :  Rhule and Sam better be working on Ball Security in the pocket 'cause that could come back to bite us the next time it happens.

• Pie 2