• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Marty was still the GM we would have

Hotsauce

1 hour ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Hurney gets poo on a lot, but I think Gettleman is lowkey the worse Panther GM. 

It's pick your poison but this is what it boils down to for me. 

Hurney gave us: Peppers, TD, Olsen, Cam Newton, Luke, Gross, Double Trouble, DJ Moore, Brian Burns, Beason, Kalil, Charles Johnson as iconic Panthers

Gettleman gave us: Christian McCaffrey and MAYBE Shaq Thompson as iconic Panthers. 

Gettleman's late round drafting wasn't even really better either. Hurney would swing and miss a lot but when he hit, we'd get guys like Josh Norman, Greg Hardy. Their midround drafting is pretty comparable with lots of mild hits and big misses for both.

55 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

It's pick your poison but this is what it boils down to for me. 

Hurney gave us: Peppers, TD, Olsen, Cam Newton, Luke, Gross, Double Trouble, DJ Moore, Brian Burns, Beason, Kalil, Charles Johnson as iconic Panthers

Gettleman gave us: Christian McCaffrey and MAYBE Shaq Thompson as iconic Panthers. 

Gettleman's late round drafting wasn't even really better either. Hurney would swing and miss a lot but when he hit, we'd get guys like Josh Norman, Greg Hardy. Their midround drafting is pretty comparable with lots of mild hits and big misses for both.

Gettleman was ass.  Hurney2.0 > Hurney 1.0 > Gettleman (all versions)

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Hurney gets poo on a lot, but I think Gettleman is lowkey the worse Panther GM. 

No chance. we made the playoffs 4 out of 5 season DG was here. He had some serious flaws but he also brought us one of our most successful stretches of play in team history along with a 15-1 season and SB appearance. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

No chance. we made the playoffs 4 out of 5 season DG was here. He had some serious flaws but he also brought us one of our most successful stretches of play in team history along with a 15-1 season and SB appearance. 

This. Hurney actually makes DG look good in comparison. Currently, he looks terrible with the Giants.

3 hours ago, Mage said:

Marty sucked, but to be fair he still is responsible for the best trade we've ever pulled off so far

Darnold and Henderson have the potential to change that but it'll be hard 

I agree.  Trading a future first round pick to move up to draft Everette Brown was a stroke of genius that we likely will not see around these parts again for quite some time.