• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What does the Henderson trade mean for Donte and Jaycee?

t96

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Means more for Jackson than it does for Jaycee. Jackson either slides to nickel next season or they let him walk. Going to depend how Henderson looks this year. 

On our D#, CBs are rotating. Horn was playing the slot quite a bit.
DJax+Horn and if he pans out, CJ Henderson, are a hell of a combo to have for the next 3/4 years (and don't forget Chinn...)

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I don't think D Jax will be back, too many important players to re-sign like DJ, Reddick, and possibly Sam if he continues to play well.

Very possible. We may have to choose between Reddick and Donte. But I think those decisions are completely independent of acquiring CJ and would've happened regardless.

• Pie 2

What it means is there there is literally no excuse not to go OL with the 1st pick next year unless an absolute stud, I'm talking STUD, falls to us.  Otherwise why would OL not be the 1st pick?  

CB, no.  WR, no. TE, no.  RB, lol.  QB, probably not unless Darnold face-plants but even if he does... the QB class is horrendous.  DE or DT, not unless a stud falls and I only say that because you can never have enough pass rushers.  LB, nah unless it is a stud.  

Really the only other position that I would say right now might warrant a 1st round selection is safety.  Otherwise it has got to be OL, right?

• Pie 4

Great move for now and the future. Love the way this team just doesn't sit back and wait. If you're not exactly what we need, they move on. 

I wild think DJax would stay for a decent check because happiness and success doesn't just come with a bigger contract - see JNO w/Washington and so many others for reference.

I think we have the cap room to sign DJ Moore, Reddick, D Jax long term (3+ years each)

We should have the money to retain Jackson but it will come at a high cost down the road. It's too early to say at the moment. If CJ lives up to the hype we could let him walk. If CJ looks mediocre I definitely want Jackson retained. Next year was supposed to start our window to win.

The thing is our front office has done such an excellent job in finding solid talent in free agency that I have no problem letting Jackson walk and filling other holes at safety to replace Burris, and putting much more effort into the o-line. 

• Beer 1