• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tommy Tremble taking jobs

Zod

29 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

All due respect to Dan Arnold...but unless youre Gronk, Kittle, Kelce or Waller...you're replaceable. And being able to swap a middle of the pack TE for a potential CB1 whose contract is mostly paid is a no brainer in terms of asset management.

Also Arnold being a free agent signing makes it even better asset management. He cost us nothing and turned into an asset for us to acquire a top 10 pick 1 year removed. All we did was drop from mid/late 3rd to early 5th, to acquire a top 10 CB... Hard to believe honestly.

Edited by t96
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, davos said:

Totally.  Should also be noted how much they still used Ian instead of Dan at times so I imagine Tremble is about to leapfrog to TE1 and Ian holds his role.  Holding onto that extra TE seems to have paid off IMO (results pending)

Agreed. This team was carrying 5 TEs out of training camp. When I saw Ian Thomas still getting a fair number of snaps I thought maybe Arnold would be a surprise cut. I don’t think the Panthers wanted to get rid of Arnold because of his play or anything, but I think it was just a value vs need thing. Losing Horn made the defense less dynamic and they had a chance to get a guy with similar traits.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Also Arnold being a free agent signing makes it even better asset management. He cost us nothing and turned into an asset for us to acquire a top 10 pick 1 year removed. All we did was drop from mid/late 3rd to early 5th, to acquire a top 10 CB... Hard to believe honestly.

Also, that 5th is going to be an early one the way Jacksonville is looking.