• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers were in trade talks for CJ even before Horn was injured

Zod

5 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Horn spent A LOT of the Saints game as the Nickel defender, Henderson has tape there as well from JAX. 

Donte' lined up inside, and outside at LSU, and even played off the LOS as a safety at times. 

I'm not to worried about scheme fits, these guys are all versatile, and TOP tier athletes at the position. 

Fine by me. I want em all.

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

Of course you can.

Schematically it doesn’t work out that well. All 3 of our guys excel on the outside.

I thought Horn played pretty well in the slot, given he is a rookie.  Heck, even for an older player I thought he was pretty good in there.  Thing is, man corners tend to be fine playing in the slot.  They are accustomed to shadowing their guy.

When you take a zone corner inside, you're asking him to chase a guy, not play a zone.  Thus, those types of corners tend to be the ones you go "he's an outside corner".  Jaycee, CJ . . . they are man corners.  They'll be fine.  I'm even optimistic that Donte can come around to it.

Good man corners can play inside.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Totally not based on anything, and ian thomas has played ok so far but if this is true and they were talking about a deal in training camp I wonder if thats why Rhule was talking Thomas up so much.  I feel like maybe he was the te they were wanting to move in the deal and maybe he was trying to increase his value a little with some hype.

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Totally not based on anything, and ian thomas has played ok so far but if this is true and they were talking about a deal in training camp I wonder if thats why Rhule was talking Thomas up so much.  I feel like maybe he was the te they were wanting to move in the deal and maybe he was trying to increase his value a little with some hype.

I could see this.

But Arnold also had good training camp reports coming out almost everyday as well. 

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I think Tremble is coming along quicker than expected and allowed us to move a piece that hasn’t had much of an impact yet. 

• Beer 1