• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank you Dan Arnold

SBBlue

3 hours ago, Newbie said:

I actually saw those posts on their board and couldn’t stop laughing. To add context, Arnold had a key drop for the Saints in the playoffs and TGIF fans blamed him for losing that game. 

Yup.  I liked that we schemed him in for more touches in that game.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Arnold struck me as a really likeable guy so I'm sorry to see him go.

It does however seem as though he wasn't quite as popular in the eyes of decision makers.

They sure got a decent haul for him if they weren't too fond of him. 

To me he wasn't the big bodied RedZone threat I thought we were getting - he's a finesse TE and played smaller than he is. 77 yards in 3 games as the primary TE isn't going to cut it. 

Good luck to him in Jacksonville - they have some very talented skill position players (Robinson, Chalk, Shenault, Jones and Hyde), so hopefully he can contribute. It'd be nice to see Jacksonville turn into a legit team again. 

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

To me he wasn't the big bodied RedZone threat I thought we were getting - he's a finesse TE and played smaller than he is. 77 yards in 3 games as the primary TE isn't going to cut it. 

Good luck to him in Jacksonville - they have some very talented skill position players (Robinson, Chalk, Shenault, Jones and Hyde), so hopefully he can contribute. It'd be nice to see Jacksonville turn into a legit team again. 

He will help Trevor a bit. I think they also have Manhertz as well.  

I think they were fond of him. They mentioned he'd likely be a coach one day and was a real professional.

They just had an extra piece that could be utilized to get something they wanted more strategically. I doubt they approached it as "hey you want to take this guy off our hands?" It's just as likely that's who Jax asked for in return for the cb they knew we coveted and had a newfound need for.

Rhule said he didn't really want Arnold included in the trade, but that was what sealed the deal.

Arnold was a solid pass catching TE, good at finding soft spots in the zone, but I will say he didn't relish contact.  I thought we would see a little more YAC from him.

I wish him luck in Jacksonville....just not when/if he plays against us.

12 hours ago, OldhamA said:

They will do that only if they get rid of Urban Meyer.