• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Injury updates - Burris, Gross-Matos, Horn, CMC

CRA

With the current ir rules, it doesn't make sense to declare anyone out for the season if they have any chance to come back.  This is a hugely positive rule change from the past where you either had to end someone's season or keep them in the 53 man roster for injuries such as horns which are questionable.

For horn, the choice of coming back in Dec or January may be different if the team is in contention.  If not, take no chances.  If so, decide then.

• Pie 3

Posted this in the Cowboys thread, but the Cowboys rank dead last in Pass Block Win Rate as a unit, according to ESPN at around 38%.

Our dominant pass rush should help our depleted secondary in this sense against one of the leagues better WR Corps. We can’t allow Dak to have all day to throw or he and CeeDee, Cooper, etc are going to eat us alive. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Posted this in the Cowboys thread, but the Cowboys rank dead last in Pass Block Win Rate as a unit, according to ESPN at around 38%.

Our dominant pass rush should help our depleted secondary in this sense against one of the leagues better WR Corps. We can’t allow Dak to have all day to throw or he and CeeDee, Cooper, etc are going to eat us alive. 

I doubt he will have anything close to all day, if I had to wager I would say he will have very little time to throw and no ground game to support him.

18 minutes ago, w280sax said:

With the current ir rules, it doesn't make sense to declare anyone out for the season if they have any chance to come back.  This is a hugely positive rule change from the past where you either had to end someone's season or keep them in the 53 man roster for injuries such as horns which are questionable.

For horn, the choice of coming back in Dec or January may be different if the team is in contention.  If not, take no chances.  If so, decide then.

Absolutely!  I love the flexibility on the IR and the ability to bring up players from the PS on game day without waiving someone.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Most likely:

D Jax
CJ
Chinn
Franklin
Bouye

If CJ slides right in and plays well and Bouye plays decently, our secondary looks not terrible.  It might work out, but it definitely hinges on how well those two fit in this week.  The defense has been playing as a well oil machined and I'm hoping changing out a couple parts doesn't fug with that too much.

4 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

I wish we could get an answer on if horn is done for the year or not. oh well

It’s not always just about how severe the injury is, it’s about how his body responds to treatment and how fast he can heal and get back into playing shape.

3 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

I wish we could get an answer on if horn is done for the year or not. oh well

I suspect we won't really know until a few months from now. Depends on how he heals and also how the team does in his absence. Timeframe was 2-3+ months, if we continue to play extremely well and his rehab goes smoothly we probably get him back for some of that tough stretch late in the regular season. If we start to throw the season away and aren't really in the playoff mix and his recovery is taking closer to the 3 months end of that timeframe then there's no reason to rush him back and we'd likely just play it safe and shut him down. Hard to have an answer definitively right now.

• Pie 2