• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions: How far can they go with this Oline?

Jmac

The elephant in the room. How can they compete against the top tier defenses and survive with this line? Can they scheme to compensate for this inadequate group? Any ideas on how they can do this with smoke and mirrors?

I'm afraid that this Achilles heel will rear it's ugly head if they do get in the playoffs....

What u got?

• Pie 2

Wild card. 

It's hard to envision winning an actual playoff game with this offensive line.  Now, having said that, this defense is going to keep us in most games.

But TBH, Darnold and CMC have overcome this offensive line more so than actually benefitting from it... and I don't see the team being able to magically upgrade until after the season.

Hope I'm wrong, but honestly, even sniffing the playoffs after almost every national pundit picked us to finish last or near last will be vindicating enough for this year.

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, Jmac said:

The elephant in the room. How can they compete against the top tier defenses and survive with this line? Can they scheme to compensate for this inadequate group? Any ideas on how they can do this with smoke and mirrors?

I'm afraid that this Achilles heel will rear it's ugly head if they do get in the playoffs....

What u got?

I know we're all excited around here at the moment, but just making the playoffs would be a significant success. 

That said, having Tremble and Thomas in on sets will help, as well as getting CMC back, who is a very good blocking RB. But it's just polishing a turd for this season.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Jmac said:

What u got?

If KC couldn't smoke and mirror their way in the SB, I have little doubt we can with this group. Decastro, and Schwartz are still FA's recovering from injuries. Aside from that I can't see a team trading a ''good'' OL piece. 

Now that our 2022, 2nd and 3rd round picks are spoken for, options are limited unless we start to look at Brady and Deonte. 

19 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t think we know yet. The D has played at a very high level and let’s be honest, we’ve played Wilson in his 1st start, Mills in his 1st start and Winston.

We have yet to play from behind. How is this OL going to perform if we are behind and have to pass and the opposing D doesn’t care about the run? Heck, what happens with a good D that doesn’t have to game plan for CMC?

We haven’t played from behind but defenses have come pretty hard after Darnold too. 

14 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

If KC couldn't smoke and mirror their way in the SB, I have little doubt we can with this group. Decastro, and Schwartz are still FA's recovering from injuries. Aside from that I can't see a team trading a ''good'' OL piece. 

Now that our 2022, 2nd and 3rd round picks are spoken for, options are limited unless we start to look at Brady and Deonte. 

Draft OL with out first and sign another lineman in FA.