• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tell me where is the lie.

Ivan The Awesome

4 hours ago, BrianS said:

If we, the public can see the OLine problems, rest assured the team can see it.

That *doesn't* mean they can do anything about it.  I'm reasonably sure that if the Jets offered Becton for Dan Arnold and a third Fitts would bite their arm off taking that deal.

That wasn't the offer however.

I think these folks believe that the action to acquire a CB means that the team is disinterested in improving the OL.  It’s a ridiculous mindset    

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

This part is true

this part is not.

It will never be enough, I promise you.

The jets have invested 2 first round picks in the last 2 years and brought in Morgan Moses an OT with an 80.6 pff last year.  They are still bitching.

We brought in 2 FAs, one a former first rounder, and 2 draft picks.  One of the draft picks was a consensus All American with the highest pff pass blocking grade of the draft class and the other was the starting guard for Alabama.  We are easing them in and they will play when Coach Pat Meyer says they are ready.

I promise you.  The huddle will NEVER stop complaining about the offensive line.  

After the Oline improves, there will be another position people feel is ignored to jump on. For example, it could be argued a true free safety has been a need for longer than LT. Rivera preferred to have more in the box, run stopping strong safeties than ball hawking free safeties. I could be wrong, but Fox may have as well.

4 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

What? Every single line men is plug and play. Even in drafts they say this...like...don't make excuses about not being plug and play. 

What I mean is you can’t pull an O lineman off the street and expect him to play immediately. They need to fully understand the playbook, other linemen, etc.

Those guys do way more than just pass pro.

• Pie 1

As a sophomore Brady Christensen played against USC, Washington,  Utah and Tennessee, and allowed a total of four pressures.  In college he blocked 1st rounder Payton Turner from Houston.  He  was a 2020 consensus All-American, with the best 2020 pass blocking grade among OT in this draft class and  allowed two pressures on 293 pass blocking regular season snaps.

He faced 1st rounders and p5 teams and excelled.  Moton was a very similar draft prospect and has performed just fine. 

Moton was 64th  G  from Western Mich U with a RAS of 8.46 
BC      was  70th   T  from         BYU             with a RAS of 9.84

Moton played a grand total of 63 snaps his rookie year.

BC looked good in preseason and has only had a handful of regular season snaps so far.  When he is ready he may be pretty be good.

We can play it stupid, like the jets and just throw high draft picks on the line, or we can play it smart.

But to say we have done nothing is just not supported by the facts.

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

After the Oline improves, there will be another position people feel is ignored to jump on.

The Oline will never be good enough.  There will always be qb hits, pressures and sacks.

Can we improve?  Certainly.

Will the huddle quit bitching about the line?

Nope.  If we chose a first rounder, the bitching would be that it was the wrong one.

The line whine is an integrated part of the huddle DNA.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Tell me where they ignored it?  Just because they aren't the best in the league doesn't mean it was ignored.  You can't completely rebuild a team in 2 drafts and one off-season.  Oh, and the cherry on top is they were cap strapped. You do realize that right? 

Everyone and their grandmother knows we need to upgrade, that includes the current oline. You are just pissed they aren't building the team in the order you want.

Psst...They are still winning despite your professional opinion. 

Exactly. We re-signed Miller, extended Moton, drafted Brown and Christensen, and picked up Elflein and Erving (who has not been bad).  Does this talent match what we've done on the defensive side of the ball? HELL NO! (other that Moton) But, we have not ignored it either. 

FA talent for linemen was dismal this year, so all we could have done was take Slater instead of Horn. I'm not sure that was a good idea AND we've been told by our coaches that we tried to trade back a little (conceivably to take Slater, who knows) and that we tried to trade for Henderson prior to the draft, which likely would have meant NOT picking Horn. Again, who really knows?

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, SBBlue said:

One of the draft picks was a consensus All American with the highest pff pass blocking grade of the draft class and the other was the starting guard for Alabama.  We are easing them in and they will play when Coach Pat Meyer says they are ready.

I can always count on you to actually make a lick of sense!

image.jpeg.065d152ea77c53876d4e0cc6eb74a675.jpeg

• Beer 1