• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Henderson behavioral issues?

NAS

20 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Not enough to support a retinue of "moochers"...

So how far is far enough to where the "moochers" (i) are at arms-length and (ii) it's too far for the "moochers" to pick up and move with him?

Probably needs to go to Texas or West Coast don't you think? 

Those "moochers" are pesky!

I'm trying to find the source again, but I read that part of the issue was family/friends hitting him up for money.  I thought it was in this thread, but apparently it's not.

That's what I was referring to.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Jone said:

I'm trying to find the source again, but I read that part of the issue was family/friends hitting him up for money.  I thought it was in this thread, but apparently it's not.

Makes sense - I think Trent Richardson said once he got paid he had a ton of people hitting him up for money that he felt like he needed to help out. It’s hard to do but these dudes have to shrink their circle significantly once they make it. 

27 minutes ago, Tommy Jone said:

This is in no way unique to Henderson...

...in fact, it's the primary reason such a massive number of NFL & NBA players go broke.

Easy solution --- as the inimitable Nancy Reagan said...."Just Say No".

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

This is in no way unique to Henderson...

...in fact, it's the primary reason such a massive number of NFL & NBA players go broke.

Easy solution --- as the inimitable Nancy Reagan said...."Just Say No".

Right, and I hate to say it, but he may be a little more "weak" mentally in that regard...

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

21 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

36BB142B-80E3-4CB0-9325-243187D095AC.jpeg

Hard times create strong men.

Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men.....(i think we are here in the cycle)

Weak men create hard times.

F&TFG&^$##(HJYVTIYI this era..... What say thee? Any hope/light for us?

9 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

It was still amateur football at the time. 

This is a bizarre line of thinking/excuse-making...

...what's the magic number in terms of hours driving in order to get away from the "moochers"?

Too funny... I will say the moochers can reach out to space, bounce off a signal to reach you. You are not safe..... I have also seen good men get in a toxic relationship.....during which a monkey or two is popped out..... then the next 18years is like a hellraiser series. Friends are one thing, but its different when your blood is involved. No one gets to choose their parents/family/relatives. 

Edited by Basbear

7 hours ago, Tommy Jone said:

Right, and I hate to say it, but he may be a little more "weak" mentally in that regard...

That’s an unfair assumption to make. It’s a heck of a lot easier to say no to friends and family when you’re playing your ball multiple states away it’s waaayyyt harder to say no when you’re playing ball in your backyard a mere hour or two away. You have no idea what he’s gone through to call that man weak. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Interestingly enough, my wife's family is always hitting her up for money, and they live half a world away.  If that is the issue, I am not sure moving will really fix it.  Still got to learn to say no.

I like you and you have been here for a long time, I know cause I read only a few regs.

So epic protip- Have your wife start asking THEM for money. BOOM, I just saved your family tons of BS. Almost immediately everyone will stop asking, NOW the fun starts and no more drama BS... 

You see its not that her/ or the family needs $$$$, its to show them in the "now" times your family 'isnt' so well off as everyone thinks, plus if by some miracle a family member does offer to loan you money.....NOW you know and knowing is everything my friend.

You can see how much, how long you have, if they treat you different, if you have pay back interest, etc etc etc. Plus you dont have to take the money either, call them back and say you got a loan form friend X (they dont know them(I hate to lie, but I hate family drama more)). Also you have to quit bragging about vacations, new cars, remodels, childrens _____ , etc etc, keep that to yourself or the ruse will not work....

Edit- dont stop asking either, its not one time thing. Ask every few months and at gatherings etc, group chats etc.

Godspeed my friend.

i need space GIF by Abel M'Vada

Edited by Basbear

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

...its different when your blood is involved. No one gets to choose their parents/family/relatives.

Yeah but you can damn sure choose to shut them down...

...look no further than Aaron Rodgers for an example of such -- a leader of men who many would be well suited to follow and pattern themselves after...

...A-aron ain't going broke.   

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Yeah but you can damn sure choose to shut them down...

...look no further than Aaron Rodgers for an example of such -- a leader of men who many would be well suited to follow and pattern themselves after...

...A-aron ain't going broke.   

Of course. I was cursed with big heart thats been stabbed too many times and thus harden due to scar tissue. "No" is one of most powerful words in the world.  

No comment on the current world/usa climate?

I thought Arod changed lots during the danica patrick time-line, not for the better or worse, but changed. 

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I like you and you have been here for a long time, I know cause I read only a few regs.

So epic protip- Have your wife start asking THEM for money. BOOM, I just saved your family tons of BS. Almost immediately everyone will stop asking, NOW the fun starts and no more drama BS... 

You see its not that her/ or the family needs $$$$, its to show them in the "now" times your family 'isnt' so well off as everyone thinks, plus if by some miracle a family member does offer to loan you money.....NOW you know and knowing is everything my friend.

You can see how much, how long you have, if they treat you different, if you have pay back interest, etc etc etc. Plus you dont have to take the money either, call them back and say you got a loan form friend X (they dont know them(I hate to lie, but I hate family drama more)). Also you have to quit bragging about vacations, new cars, remodels, childrens _____ , etc etc, keep that to yourself or the ruse will not work....

Edit- dont stop asking either, its not one time thing. Ask every few months and at gatherings etc, group chats etc.

Godspeed my friend.

i need space GIF by Abel M'Vada

Thanks, but when I said half a world a way, I meant it.  Her family lives in a very poor country.  When they ask for money, a lot of times its so they can buy food or get medical care. She works, so I don't interfere.   

My only point in bringing it up was that they ask for money from the other side of the world, if the young man has problems saying no, I am not sure going to Charlotte will help.   

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Thanks, but when I said half a world a way, I meant it.  Her family lives in a very poor country.  When they ask for money, a lot of times its so they can buy food or get medical care. She works, so I don't interfere.   

My only point in bringing it up was that they ask for money from the other side of the world, if the young man has problems saying no, I am not sure going to Charlotte will help.   

Well if thats the case, you will never see that cash again. Help can be given other ways than money, help them get to the living standard were they dont have to ask. You can only help those who are willing to change. period. I never help homeless unless I see they are helping themselves. 

She can do as I suggest CJ to do, throw away the phone, email, and SM. Start a new fresh digital life. I guarantee you those same people asking your wife for $$$, will be doing so til they die(nearly all). They ask others too. Say 20 years pass and she did what I instructed and has not had contract with them.....then out of blue she does.....they will still be alive and after a few words... here it comes-

"Hey nice catching up and all, BUT can you send me some money???" 

Edited by Basbear