• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Henderson behavioral issues?

NAS

8 minutes ago, RJK said:

watching some interviews…seems a little immature(he’s young it makes sense) and difficult to communicate with. Just my armchair psychoanalysis. He’s very keen to point out he’s a not a football fan 

99.9999976% of college players are immature, it comes form being young. I get that some are more than others, panthers have Krob and YGM that are a little more, but everyone is that way in this crazy world.

Edited by Basbear

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

but the Bears essentially used up his entire rookie deal and dealt him for not being a fit.  We got him going into year 5

Also if I recall correctly, the bears had switched to a new offensive system, since Greg was drafted that made no use of the tight end as a receiver.  

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

You really have to ask yourself how the f is Greg not a fit on any team? I know that’s why they traded him but it’s stupid. 

No clue.   I would guess it boils down to ego and pride.  Stubborn coaches thinking their scheme is superior and refusing to evolve as talent dictates 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

Also if I recall correctly, the bears had switched to a new offensive system, since Greg was drafted that made no use of the tight end as a receiver.  

Mike martz, brilliant offensive mind, brilliant. Depending on whos who and such, he started calling plays that were both a run and pass. QB choice to hand off or pass. Many other things, made faulk into one of the greatest NFL weapons in history after indy traded him.

But his flaw was he did not have a use for TEs, hate'em for some odd reason. I heard him talk about about he reasons(main role is blocking and protect QB, etc), but being I love TEs and believe they are vastly under rated..... I could not understand his reasons. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Varking said:

You really have to ask yourself how the f is Greg not a fit on any team? I know that’s why they traded him but it’s stupid. 

I mean it was Mike Martz - Greatest Show on Turf.

If he doesn't want to use a TE in the passing game I think he's got the credentials to back that stance up. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

but the Bears essentially used up his entire rookie deal and dealt him for not being a fit.  We got him going into year 5

So that makes this deal even better in my book. We get him in year two of his rookie deal and potentially for years to come.  Just have to see if he fits because you can't deny his talent. 

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

Let's just hope he doesn't quit in a few weeks because he's tired of football.

Sheesh. The kid is coming to play ball.  A better situation,  better coaches,  better chance of being successful. 

Not sure what some of you need to see to realize that Rhule and Fitterer are good at what they do. 

• Beer 1