• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on Henderson trade

NAS

I take all of these reports with a grain of salt. There are people who still question Cam Newtons "football desire" and coaches thought that DJ Moore's disposition as if he wasnt taking his job seriously. 

Until they can cite an actual infraction, I'm not concerned. I know its a nice idea that everyone is a cookie cutter type guy, but relationships do matter. If we have coaches who are familiar with personnel... Im good with trusting them. 

• Pie 3

48 minutes ago, NAS said:

A bad situation or a coach can make someone not want to play the game or be miserable doing it.  

My hope is that our culture and environment will get Henderson back to where he was before getting draft.  You don't become one of the best players in your sport without passion and desire.

Well said.  Let's all consider the oft-used phrase, "Buy into the program."

Good coaches, and organizations, I think we'd all agree, would have a better chance of getting a player to do just that, than would a loser team and coach.

Right now, it's obvious to me the Panthers, and their coaches, their fecord, and their growing respect from the league's players, all point to a program a disgruntled player can "buy into."

And lastly, from all I've heard and read, Henderson would best be described as disgruntled, and not mentally ill.

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, Martin said:

He also said they did a lot of work on him last year. He just haven’t spoken to him since then. So the homework was done last year and he would have been our pick if Brown wasn’t there.

Honestly, if I had thought it through I'd have seen that the coaches probably are prohibited from talking to him prior to a trade, otherwise it could create all sorts of tampering issues. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Khyber53 said:

Honestly, if I had thought it through I'd have seen that the coaches probably are prohibited from talking to him prior to a trade, otherwise it could create all sorts of tampering issues. 

This^

Now they might have gotten to talk him before the trade was finalized, but otherwise talking to a player beforehand is prohibited. 

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Would you trade Sam Darnold for a second, fourth and sixth? But seriously, it’s Jacksonville and they stay in rebuilding mode.

Yes with knowing what I know right now, looking like a great trade for the panthers *currently(things change sooo fast in nfl tho). I also would have traded for Minshew, a 6th for a demi-god, why not??

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

That’s a poo ton of gymnastics to convince yourself imo

no coach can make someone want to play the game

it was a risk and it will suck if it doesn’t work out, nothing wrong with saying that

Im 100% sure Rhule and Finessererererrer are well aware of CJ feelings towards playing ball, plus its been stated that DB coach Cooper and him remained in contract over the last 4 years. They have talked with everyone in CJs circle and thought one Dan ArnLOLOd& (looking late) 3rd is worth it. They are getting a 5th in return and jags are paying nearly 3 million of his 2021 salary. That is toodler gymnastics my friend. Holy jesus what else do you need/want?? This is one of more lop-sided trades in some time, NFL commish should veto it honestly. 

I get not every group can agree on something, but dear GOD this should be as close to 100% agree as possible given all the details to the public. Yea two years form now you can bump this if CJ busted out the league during, but I agree with trade 100% and you should too. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

This^

Now they might have gotten to talk him before the trade was finalized, but otherwise talking to a player beforehand is prohibited. 

Its legal to talk to agents, handlers, business friends, coaches, preachers, GMs, scouts, doctors, etc etc. Everyone does this, have been for years. Honestly you could been in the same room as CJ, talking to Rhule/Fit, rely the message/questions to CJ and its "legal". Teams give agents the power to do this all the time. When it gets messy, like this and like it did with Cam, they will tell the public the agent can talk to others...... thats when egos are getting checked/tested etc/. 100% they have talked with a FEW people on this matter. CJ have said "GET ME THE F OUT OF HERE, PLEASEEEE!!!" Feels like thats the case. You got to have trusted sources tho, agents are paid to lie and only want whats best for the player. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think what excites me about this trade is. It's not performance related.  He only played 8 games last year.  I could see major concern if he just couldn't cover his grandmother but it has to do with atmosphere more than talent.

Many have posted how the team just raves about what we are trying to do.  Everyone is onboard, especially the defense.  It's infectious and I think this guy is going to get here and be overwhelmed with the culture this team has. 

I also read where he wanted out of Florida for whatever reasons and he was drafted by a Florida team and worse than that.  The worst team in Florida.

How many players come to Charlotte and build their families here and stay here after their careers are over.  I've only been to Charlotte for games and never lived there but I can tell you from what I have seen and compared to Jacksonville (where I spent a year in the Navy at) Charlotte is leaps and bounds a better place.

Get him around the right people and this will be the trade of the season, league wide.  

• Pie 1

On 9/27/2021 at 6:24 PM, BurnNChinn said:

Lol it does matter if he’s a nutcase. I don’t care about Arnold but don’t like the 3rd rd pick if he is already acting like that in really only one season. Sorry if I’m not excited but I’m going to have to see it first. 

Not to add more gasoline to the fire... but when we signed him I started watching his press conferences to see what kinda guy he is, and this little tidbit slipped in this interview when asked whats it like to pick off a pass from Phillip Rivers... starts at 1:28 and the quote at 1:38...

But I'm gonna trust the process and hope Rhule can light that passion under his ass, especially being around D-Jax, Horn and Chinn. So far every move they've made that I questioned has turned out well, or at least as good as expected, so I'll give him a chance.

But if not, and he turns out to be another KB, then I'd hate to lose a 3rd for a guy who doesn't love the game and put the work in.

Edited by blueandblackattack
  • Beer 1

Yeah that is a little concerning. Football is a violent, physically demanding game. It wouldn't have bothered me if he had said that he wasn't a football fan at age 4, but a guy saying present tense that he's not a big football fan (and it's not remotely apparent that he's being tongue in cheek or sarcastic) worries me.  Let's hope he's money motivated, because then we can still get great production out of him based just on his desire to earn as much for himself as possible, but I hope he doesn't turn out to be someone that took this path in life only because he had the gifts and it was expected of him.

• Beer 1