• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on Henderson trade

NAS

The Panthers’ move to get corner C.J. Henderson is, indeed, an aggressive one. And a big part of why it’s a gamble is figuring out what Henderson mindset is. Much of the issue with Henderson, and trouble in getting him going the last few months, stemmed back to a simple question: How much does he really want to play football? Yes, I know people get upset when a player’s love for the game is questioned, but that was a very real thing for the Jaguars, and is especially vital when you consider how Henderson’s potential as an athlete has outpaced his production as a player. The Jaguars did their best the last two months to try and get the best from Henderson, and now the Panthers will get a swing at the same challenge. And if it works out, they’ll have two corners drafted in the top 10 playing on rookie deals when Jaycee Horn gets back from injury. But the “if” here is indeed a big one. 

• So why do the Panthers feel good about it? Their corners coach, Evan Cooper, gave Henderson his first scholarship offer, when Henderson was still on his high school’s J.V. team, and Cooper was on staff at the University of Miami. The two have remained in contact since, and so Cooper’s background with Henderson was a factor in bringing him in. Based on that background, there’s also a belief that Henderson will be a better fit for Matt Rhule’s program than he was for Doug Marrone or Urban Meyer. And we’ll invoke the “if” again here … If it works out, the Panthers really just moved one of their picks in April down two rounds (they sent a three to the Jags and got a five and TE Dan Arnold back), and they’ll have him for less than $1 million for the rest of this year, $2.48 million for next year and $3.41 million in 2023.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/27/maqb-week-3-panthers-trade-for-cj-henderson-fields-belichick

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

If his mindset was that bad wow idk about giving up a 3rd round pick. Really hope this don’t backfire.

You must have not gotten the memo sent to all panthers fans, this was pre-approved by everyone as being "OMFG worth IT" since its a looking like a late 3rd&non-blocking TE/slot/backup/non-STer for 2020 9th overall pick&early 5th. Plus jax is picking up 2.5 of his 2021 salary. You take this "risk" 10/10, bro....

say if you didnt get the memo.....

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You must have not gotten the memo sent to all panthers fans, this was pre-approved by everyone as being "OMFG worth IT" since its a looking like a late 3rd&non-blocking TE/slot/backup/non-STer for 2020 9th overall pick&early 5th. Plus jax is picking up 2.5 of his 2021 salary. You take this "risk" 10/10, bro....

say if you didnt get the memo.....

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Lol it does matter if he’s a nutcase. I don’t care about Arnold but don’t like the 3rd rd pick if he is already acting like that in really only one season. Sorry if I’m not excited but I’m going to have to see it first. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 4

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Evan Cooper is one of Rhule's most trusted assistants.

He was also the first guy to suggest getting Teddy Bridgewater, so... 😕

Who's looking great this year.

Everyone was yucking it u about him in Denver but funny how that disappeared.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Who's looking great this year.

Everyone was yucking it u about him in Denver but funny how that disappeared.

Who has Denver played? The easiest schedule in the league so far, so when Teddy plays Ravens this week we will see real Teddy. Also none of those teams he’s played has one a game lol.

Edited by BurnNChinn
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

I'm sure alot of players with the Jags are questioning whether they love football or not.  I think one positive thing for us is he's coming when we are on the upswing and have some positive momentum going.  He's going to walk into a locker room that is happy and energized right now, with a fan base that is slowly geting excited themselves.  And if we open his career with a win over Dallas, he's going to look around thinking "this is how the other half lives?  I like this!"

• Pie 1