• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why do we keep trading our FA acquisitions?

BurnNChinn

We turned a free agent signing that missed most of the offseason and likely wasn't going to start into the juice to boost swap a 7th round pick for a 6th instead of just cutting him. He was a low cost, high reward signing had he worked out. He didn't work out, but the team still got something out of him.

Dan Arnold was getting ~3 catches a game while Tommy Tremble has increasingly looked like the most complete TE on the roster. Another relatively cheap signing, the Jags are so desperate to get any type of pass catching TE on the roster that they sent the Panthers CJ Henderson and a 5th in exchange for Darnold and a 3rd.

A day two and day three pick + two guys that were not impact performers have been successfully converted into the 2020 9th overall selection and two day 3 picks. That's fuging impressive.

Oh yea, plus what we got for Greg Little. 😮

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It's the Madden Strategy.

Pick up a player in the offseason, unload him for draft picks or better players. 

I do this every season in franchise. I also have no loyalty. Since I play all my games, I will trade a mfer so fast. For pics. I've also sabotaged a whole nother franchise just to get their pics.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Does trading Arnold open up more reps for Marshall? If so, then I like this trade even more. We need our young talent on the field. (Marshall, Tremble and Hubbard)

This is also a great point.  There was a Baldy breakdown posted this week of a CMC run where the line blocking wasn't too great, but CMC made something out of it.  His focus was on CMC . . . probably as it should be.

However, if you watch carefully, you can see Terrace Marshall just crushing some fool on the edge.  If you can't get fired up about your rookie receiver killing it in the run game you aren't doing the fan thing right.  I have no doubt if you ask TMJ to set an edge for an outside zone run, there WILL be an edge.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

I’m not saying what we did was bad just asking. Thought it was something to talk about, also why aren’t we trying to make oline better. I mean with CMC out we are definitely in trouble to protect Sam

I talked about this in another thread, can't remember which one.  Basically, our front office and staff know we have an OLine problem.  They are professionals.  They see it.

The problem is that there just aren't very many good OL in the league.  Let's face it - Mike Remmers and Greg Van Roten *still play in the NFL*.  That should really tell you all you need to know about the amount of OL talent available.

Honestly, I'd rather pay more for the OL than WR's.  That money we gave Robby Anderson?  Yea, gimme a LT instead.  Please and thank you.  But those guys just aren't there.

We are trading players for assets and we already have depth to replace those players. 

Arnold was at his ceiling. Tremble can do the same things he was doing and more.

Perryman was garbage and I am glad we were able to get anything for him. Our 2nd coverage LB barely sees the field anyway. 

OL are not easy to find, half the league has questionable starters on their OL.

Maybe we can find someone that wants to trade for Elf next? 

Edited by PootieNunu

@BurnNChinndidn't read all the replies but you can't go just by individual stats. We have the #1 defense collectively. I am glad our defensive line is getting more tackles than our linebacker. That is a good thing. Also, we can't talk just about Perryman vs Carter. Everyone is doing their job so far on this defense. Look at your username. Chinn isn't having fantastic numbers, but I guarantee you he is a big reason that offenses have no clue what we are doing week to week.