• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The CJ Anderson trade gives me hope that Fitty and Rhule can fix the Oline this year.

1of10Charnatives

After our win against Houston I was pretty much in the thought pattern of:

Damn even with these injuries we got a pretty nice team coming together if you don't count the Oline. That's the one thing holding us back.

After the CJ Anderson trade I am not putting it past Fitty and Rhule to pull another one off at some point, say maybe trading Shi Smith (gonna have a hard time getting the ball thrown his way as much as he deserves being the 4th WR) and Daley ("Sure he looks awful on tape (insert some hapless bottom dwelling GM's name here), but that's only because he's allergic to the blue in our uniforms. Your team colors are completely different. He'll look like an All Pro for you! Besides, you're getting fired next month anyway, so why not get back at your owner?)

I could see Fitty finding a way to bring in one key piece with another trade, maybe a center to replace Paraplegic, I mean Paradis. Then if the rookies are up to starting around say midseason, we're in position to roll. I mean look gang, after the Cowgirls, we don't play another team with a winning record til Arizona FIVE WEEKS later. Our schedule looks like one that could afford us some breathing room early to be patient while our new OL develop. Then we go into the tougher back half of our schedule with a retooled line that at least isn't a glaring weakness. By then we have CMC back and with this D and potent skill position players...

The point is, it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility that we have to live with a completely subpar Oline all season anymore. Who knows what could happen?

• The D 1

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

After our win against Houston I was pretty much in the thought pattern of:

Damn even with these injuries we got a pretty nice team coming together if you don't count the Oline. That's the one thing holding us back.

After the CJ Anderson trade I am not putting it past Fitty and Rhule to pull another one off at some point, say maybe trading Shi Smith (gonna have a hard time getting the ball thrown his way as much as he deserves being the 4th WR) and Daley ("Sure he looks awful on tape (insert some hapless bottom dwelling GM's name here), but that's only because he's allergic to the blue in our uniforms. Your team colors are completely different. He'll look like an All Pro for you! Besides, you're getting fired next month anyway, so why not get back at your owner?)

I could see Fitty finding a way to bring in one key piece with another trade, maybe a center to replace Paraplegic, I mean Paradis. Then if the rookies are up to starting around say midseason, we're in position to roll. I mean look gang, after the Cowgirls, we don't play another team with a winning record til Arizona FIVE WEEKS later. Our schedule looks like one that could afford us some breathing room early to be patient while our new OL develop. Then we go into the tougher back half of our schedule with a retooled line that at least isn't a glaring weakness. By then we have CMC back and with this D and potent skill position players...

The point is, it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility that we have to live with a completely subpar Oline all season anymore. Who knows what could happen?

*Henderson!!!!

2 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

"...I am not putting it past Fitty and Rhule to pull another one off at some point, say maybe trading Shi Smith (gonna have a hard time getting the ball thrown his way as much as he deserves being the 4th WR)"

There would be no reason to trade Shi. If he makes himself worthy of that spot and we feel like we can succeed by trading a receiver that will be Robby. (unless he has a no trade clause)

I don't want to see him leave, but we just spent all that money extending him and we have a lot of guys on the defensive side that will require a pay day. Plus, Robby's numbers are not that good. If we wanted to trade for a starting caliber offensive lineman, it won't be for a WR # 3/4.   

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

There would be no reason to trade Shi. If he makes himself worthy of that spot and we feel like we can succeed by trading a receiver that will be Robby. (unless he has a no trade clause)

I don't want to see him leave, but we just spent all that money extending him and we have a lot of guys on the defensive side that will require a pay day. Plus, Robby's numbers are not that good. If we wanted to trade for a starting caliber offensive lineman, it won't be for a WR # 3/4.   

Are you saying you would not trade your rookie late round draft pick 4th WR as part of a package for a starting quality OL?

I'll give you time to consider your answer carefully.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I don’t think any big time talent is gonna be had in a trade this year for the oline. The hope is Brady and donte get up to speed and can contribute and we can see an oline that gels and is adequate. We’re just looking for adequate at this point. If we make the playoffs this year we are a year or two ahead of schedule. I thought year 4 would be the year with year 3 being a hot seat for Rhule if he didn’t get us a wildcard spot. 

I want to see what those two rookies have this year so we know what we got moving forward for next years draft and FA. My hope is fitts doesn’t follow the Seattle method where they patch the oline together year after year. There’s some logic behind it with RW being extremely mobile and using resources in other ways but Sam isn’t as mobile and needs plus protection. Brady’s system helps but it would be nice to have an elite oline.

• Pie 1