• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The CJ Anderson trade gives me hope that Fitty and Rhule can fix the Oline this year.

1of10Charnatives

5 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Speaking of O-Line :

packersb_logo.gif Rick Wagner, OT, Packers. Age: 31. star.gifstar.gifstar.gif
Rick Wagner played very well for the Packers last year, but he was released because of financial implications (Green Bay was $11 million over the cap.) He is still a solid starter in the NFL.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2021OT.php

What does everyone think?   Kick the tires or not?

I think they would rather have young guys with upside with coaching.  Older vets are only stop gaps at best. This far into the season is not the best time to bring in olinemen if you want them to start right away. Anyone brought in now would not start right away.  

We will be better off starting the rookies if it comes down to immediate need due to injury. 

I can't see them shelling out big money on a backup vet.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I plead posting pre coffee. Now go away.

Pre-coffee Posting Syndrome is a serious condition that afflicts 12,000 Huddlers a week.  That's why I try to pause and employ some compassion and charitability every time I read a post on here that makes me go "Wtf??" (roughly every 27 seconds, on average).

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

After the CJ Anderson trade I am not putting it past Fitty and Rhule to pull another one off at some point, say maybe trading Shi Smith (gonna have a hard time getting the ball thrown his way as much as he deserves being the 4th WR) and Daley ("Sure he looks awful on tape (insert some hapless bottom dwelling GM's name here)

Why not throw in Horn and trade all of the Panther Gamecocks? 

So much harder to improve the OL during the season than other position units except maybe QB. Absolutely no one is looking to trade starting quality OL. At best you’re looking at a high tier backup being available and that’s basically what we have now. We are also out of 2022 picks we could reasonably trade for someone that is a good player unless we move our 1st which I’m pretty sure no one wants to do.

CJ is also a very unique situation where the player was disgruntled and things weren’t working out which made him available for cheap. Normally a guy like CJ would take a 1st plus something else just to not get hung up on. There is a somewhat similar situation available out there on the OL. Isaiah Wilson was the 29th pick last year and unemployed. However, his issues are are several orders of magnitude beyond CJ’s.

Ideally we need a C.  The middle is weak.  Irving is not the weakest link on this line unfortunately.  The answer for the G's are ****hopefully**** on the roster.  I think changing the C out mid season would be nuts unless it's someone who's been with us since training camp - though I don't think tecklenburg is the answer there.

3 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Are you saying you would not trade your rookie late round draft pick 4th WR as part of a package for a starting quality OL?

I'll give you time to consider your answer carefully.

Why would anyone give you anything of note for a guy that's not played a down in the NFL?

• Pie 1