• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is the Turning Point Game of the 2021 Season

Hoenheim

Do We Win this Pivotal Game?   

132 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Panthers going to Beat the Cowboys on Sunday?

• Yes we're blowing them out Ala Saints 2021
    • Yes but a close defensive struggle
    • No we will narrowly lose
    • Lose but Moral victory
    • Bad meltdown Ala 2018/2019
    • Dadnold will outduel dak and we win in a legendary shoot out

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Dallas is the best team we have faced by a good margin especially on offense.  I think we will lose this one by a few scores without CMC.  If we somehow win this game it would be an amazing confidence boost to this team.

You're really placing your bets on the "lose this one by a few scores" thing, huh? 🤔

Edited by glenwo2

After Dallas we face...

PHI / MIN / NYG / ATL / NE 

In that order, even if we were to lose, I think we can pull it off, those are 5 very winnable games and could see us at 8-1 with a loss to DAL. 

If we beat DAL, we could be looking at 9-0. 

This part of our schedule it ripe for the taking to set up a playoff appearance. Sam has been developing each week, and we still have Chuba, and Royce, factor in DJ's continued emergence, Robbie will get his, TMJ, and Tremble, we have more than enough fire power to keep up with anyone, and our defensive pressure is top tier. 

Henderson brings damn near the same physical profile / tools as Horn, once he's acclimated behind this front paired with Jackson, and Bouye...I feel good about our chances Sunday. 

Not a turning point.  I think a win means more than a loss as long as the players aren't deflated by losing.  You look at teams like the Bucs or KC with losses, but their seasons aren't over and they are still playoff contenders, if not SB contenders.  It's all on the players mentality afterwards.

I think we win if our defense continues to do what it has done all year, and I think it will.

So yea, if we lose the game, the season isnt over, but OP is right that this is a springboard.  I think of 2015 panthers vs seattle.  At that point, we were 4-0, doin good but not putting teams away, then we went into Seattle and beat the seahawks in a place that they dont lose.  That was the wakeup for the NFL that we were for real and you have to take us seriously. when you look at the rest of the next like 5 weeks, no game would scream that besides possibly a solid win against the cowboys. conclusion, a loss isnt a big deal, but a win puts the league on notice.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

After Dallas we face...

PHI / MIN / NYG / ATL / NE 

In that order, even if we were to lose, I think we can pull it off, those are 5 very winnable games and could see us at 8-1 with a loss to DAL. 

If we beat DAL, we could be looking at 9-0. 

This part of our schedule it ripe for the taking to set up a playoff appearance. Sam has been developing each week, and we still have Chuba, and Royce, factor in DJ's continued emergence, Robbie will get his, TMJ, and Tremble, we have more than enough fire power to keep up with anyone, and our defensive pressure is top tier. 

Henderson brings damn near the same physical profile / tools as Horn, once he's acclimated behind this front paired with Jackson, and Bouye...I feel good about our chances Sunday. 

The Eagles, Giants, and Falcons all look like they will be competing for top 5 picks and the Pats have a rookie QB going up against our Defense. Minnesota is the only team I consider a threat out of that bunch, they could also easily be 3-0 right now.

Anybody on our schedule can beat us, and we can beat anyone too.

3-0 doesn't mean anything. Plenty of teams crumble from early success and many rise from poor starts. One opponent, one play at a time.

I thought we would really struggle against New Orleans, but we dominated. I don't try to forecast too much because it's an exercise in futility. I just enjoy the ride.

I will say that *if* we win, it will likely be due to consistent pressure on Dak. Fail to do that, and it will probably be a frustrating day.

Edited by run-run-pass-punt
  • Pie 1

Cowboys defense is dogshit, but their offense is fairly legit. You can't replace CMC, even by committee, but you can pivot to other playmakers, and I believe that's what we'll do. Luckily we have a TON of them. Everyone is worried about Dak dinking and dunking on us, but that's exactly what I think we'll do to them. Meanwhile, watching the Eagles lack of pressure compared to what we've been doing for three weeks makes me feel prettay, prettay, prettay good about our chances at holding them under 20 points. 

Of course it could always blow up in our faces, but that's what everyone thought would happen last week when CMC went down and look at what actually happened. The crybabies on this board will always revert to their true defeatist forms whenever something adverse happens to the team during a game. I like to remain optimistic. This is not Rivera's team anymore, and all of the nonsense we endured during his roller coaster tenure here has been exorcised. 

• Beer 1